PDA

View Full Version : Broncos sign Rice!!!

skoal2k4
05-25-2005, 07:07 PM
that is all

2+2 wannabe
05-25-2005, 07:15 PM
i thought shanahan said that he had to make the team - i.e. he could get cut

tryouts aren't done yet are they? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

skoal2k4
05-25-2005, 07:18 PM
bah... he's in

Gallopin Gael
05-25-2005, 07:20 PM
I certainly hope so.

It'll improve the Raiders chances of not finishing in last in the AFC West. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

skoal2k4
05-25-2005, 07:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]

It'll improve the Raiders chances of not finishing in last in the AFC West.

[/ QUOTE ]

Raiders are a lock for that spot /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Momo
05-25-2005, 07:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

It'll improve the Raiders chances of not finishing in last in the AFC West.

[/ QUOTE ]

Raiders are a lock for that spot /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Denver will give them a run for last this year.

Tron
05-25-2005, 07:38 PM
1. Chiefs
2. Chargers
3. Broncos
4. Raiders

skoal2k4
05-25-2005, 07:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
1. Chiefs
2. Chargers
3. Broncos
4. Raiders

[/ QUOTE ]

sadly, I have to agree with this... hopefully my donkeys will get there [censored] together this year though

pshreck
05-25-2005, 07:57 PM
With Rice and Clarett, you have to figure they are a lock to win the superbowl, no?

skoal2k4
05-25-2005, 08:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]

With Rice and Clarett, you have to figure they are a lock to win the superbowl, no?

[/ QUOTE ]

I see your sarcasm and raise you a [censored] you! /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Voltron87
05-25-2005, 09:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I see your sarcasm and raise you a [censored] you! /images/graemlins/cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

string bet. floor.

fluxrad
05-25-2005, 09:06 PM
Why so many haters?

Rice is too old to play. That's why we got him. But he's not going to be 3rd or 4th. He's probably just going to be booted. Clarett can ride the pine as well since we've still got a number of great backs in line ahead of him and as for D...it's going to be even better this year (provided the D-line can step it up). Personally, I think the move to get Rice might be ingenious since it's going to make ball-droppers like Watts significantly better just by his being around.

As someone on the Broncos forum said...what does the team lose by adding rice to the practice squad?

I highly doubt the Chargers are going to win the West this year. Breeze had a good year in him, but I don't think he's going to do two in a row and LT can't carry the whole team on his back. Look for them to finish 3rd.

KC will have the same problems they had last year.

And [censored] the Raiders.

that is all.

skoal2k4
05-25-2005, 09:17 PM
I hope Rice doesn't get booted. I don't see him starting or even playing much either. I see him more as a player/coach and a leader. I'm thinking that's the reason he was picked up by the broncos

SuitedSixes
05-25-2005, 09:29 PM
I hope it works out for him, I really hope he gets to leave on his own terms.

Dominic
05-25-2005, 10:48 PM
Great! Now if only the Bears could re-sign Gayle Sayers!

jakethebake
05-25-2005, 10:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
As someone on the Broncos forum said...what does the team lose by adding rice to the practice squad?

[/ QUOTE ]

They've actually got a lot to gain from that. Can you think of someone better to coach young receivers/corners?

Sponger15SB
05-25-2005, 10:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
1. Chiefs
2. Chargers
3. Broncos
4. Raiders

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

The Armchair
05-25-2005, 11:30 PM
I'm a big Jerry Rice fan, but I wish he had signed with SF for the purpose of immediately retiring as a Niner.

A fourth WR is all but certain to be used as a blocker/coverage guy on special teams. Rice can't/won't/shouldn't-have-to do that. But that is a strike against him, as he takes up an extra roster spot. And I'm not saying that Rice is not going to be a serviceable #3/#4, just that he does not have the upside a guy like David Terrell has, and that is really, really sad.

I am not one who wishes for players to "go out on top" and not "tarnish their legacy" -- those are the croonings of media hagigographers who wish to bring someone great back down to the writer's plane. Rice has earned the right to retire on his terms as much as anyone else has in this league, and I do not fault him for not walking away from a game that, for his entire adult life, is the only thing he has known.

But I can't see how the Broncos are better off for it.

Tron
05-25-2005, 11:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
1. Chiefs
2. Chargers
3. Broncos
4. Raiders

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny because it's true. The Chiefs will return to the glory days of... 2003.

Sully
05-26-2005, 01:13 AM
As a lifetime Broncos fan, I can honestly say that I haven't been this excited since Denver signed Tony Dorsett.

I've been more excited, and I've been less excited, but that is the only time that I can remember being exactly, precisely this excited.

And [censored] the [censored] Raiders.

Sponger15SB
05-26-2005, 01:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
As a lifetime Broncos fan, I can honestly say that I haven't been this excited since Denver signed Tony Dorsett.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah I'd be thrilled if my team just signed a 400 yard reciever..... pffft

Sully
05-26-2005, 03:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe you should have read / understood the rest of the post.

I had amost completely blocked the "Tony Dorsett Era" out of my mind until this happened. It's like running into an old girlfriend that you can't even believe you dated in the first place, and you're forced to relive the entire pathetic experience all over again.

jakethebake
05-26-2005, 08:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah I'd be thrilled if my team just signed a 400 year old reciever..... pffft

[/ QUOTE ]

bernie
05-26-2005, 05:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you rather have Korin Robinson? I wouldn't. The fact he's still a Seahawk pisses me off.

b