PDA

View Full Version : MGM 11 AM Daily Tourney Report

DrCool
05-25-2005, 06:04 PM
Just returned from Vegas and played in the first tourney at the MGM poker room. Here are the particulars as best I remember:

$60 buy in for 800 points. $50 of that goes into the prize pool. For an additional $5 (which goes to the tourney staff) you get another 400 points. I believe everyone did the $5 add on.

Tourney starts at 11 AM with registration beginning at 9:30. Since this was the first tourney there they were still working out some kinks and didn't get the first person registered until 9:45 or so. I arrived at about 9:15 and was about the 5th person in line. By 9:30 there were 50 or so people in line.

60 players in the tourney and alternates for the first hour. I think they ended up getting 20 alternates in. If you bust out within the first hour you can get on the alternate list and come back in if you want.

Blinds start at 25-25, go up to 25-50 and double every round thereafter. 20 minute rounds.

Can't remember the exact payouts but I think the winner gets 40%.

Personally I suck at tournaments but played this one anyway. I picked up a couple pots early (was holding 3-6os in the unraised big blind and flopped a straight and had a guy go all in in front of me and the straight held up) but couldn't get anything after that. Got busted out when the blinds were 200-400 and I only had 500 left so went all in with 7-7 and was called with Q-Q. Probably finished about 40th or so. Not good.

Overall seems like an OK tourney. It will get better as they do more of them. Since I don't have a lot of tourney experience it seems like only having $50 of the $65 in the prize pool is a bit of a rip but maybe this is about normal.