PDA

View Full Version : bad beats

irishpint
05-25-2005, 04:27 PM
most of you know this, but it seems to be a common theme here in the micro-limit forum: bad beats happen. what many people seem to forget is they work both ways and you need to realize this when they happen in your favor. for example, a few days ago i made a post where i had AA up against KK. He hit his K on the flop for the set. I was screwed. Since I didnt know this we capped the flop and i called his raise on the turn. I'm not going to fold Aces to the possibility of a set, however. The river card was a beautiful Ace and I won a large pot AAA vs KKK. I played it fine, but didnt do anything special to win the pot. He couldn't have done anything to make me fold. C/R my mother, 8-betting the turn, holding me at gunpoint, knifing me (well maybe knifing me) nothing was going to get me to fold my aces. I got lucky. It was a bad beat. Do I feel sorry for him? Not really, it's poker, it happens. But next time when I lose a pot I was way ahead/was sure I was going to win/didn't see how I could lose I can draw on this experience. For everytime someone goes runner-runner on you, you'll hold the Ace on a 4 flush board and ruin their straight. This game doesn't single out certain people and screw them over, as some here seem to suggest.

I dunno this post might be stupid, but often times THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO TO PREVENT BAD BEATS! (short of blowing the dealer, if it's a big pot)

shadow29
05-25-2005, 06:05 PM
Okay. Thanks.

krabby5
05-25-2005, 06:31 PM
Since when is losing to AA with KK a bad beat?

he was ready to pull a bad beat on you when he flopped his K

AA is about an 81% fav to win that hand

you won like you should have...

irishpint
05-25-2005, 06:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Since when is losing to AA with KK a bad beat?

he was ready to pull a bad beat on you when he flopped his K

AA is about an 81% fav to win that hand

you won like you should have...

[/ QUOTE ]

after he flopped his set i was WAY behind. i came back from nearly dead=bad beat. after the flop starting hands dont mean nearly as much as they did pf (you should know this! AK diamonds goes to nothing when the flop is 789hearts or something).