PDA

View Full Version : getting owned on 55s

threeonefour
05-25-2005, 03:18 PM
ok i just got owned on the early levels of a 55 on eurobet.

i am new to the 55s so i am not intending this as a bad beat post i just thought this was a standard play and i am just wondering if everyone agrees.

***** Hand History for Game 2103968089 *****
NL Hold'em $50 Buy-in + $5 Entry Fee Trny:12518528 Level:3 Blinds(25/50) - Wednesday, May 25, 15:07:12 EDT 2005
Table Table 16927 (Real Money)
Seat 10 is the button
Total number of players : 8
Seat 4: Robatsch ( $1640 )
Seat 10: bOy__BmW300 ( $995 )
Seat 3: spidermanjv1 ( $1270 )
Seat 1: MOTESTER ( $820 )
Seat 5: bagerjeppe ( $1165 )
Seat 2: bigbluess ( $905 )
Seat 8: radion22 ( $1290 )
Seat 6: Domminator ( $1915 )
Trny:12518528 Level:3
Blinds(25/50)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Robatsch [ Qh Ah ]
spidermanjv1 folds.
Robatsch raises [175].
bagerjeppe folds.
Domminator folds.
radion22 calls [175].
bOy__BmW300 folds.
MOTESTER folds.
bigbluess folds.
** Dealing Flop ** [ 2h, 7c, 5c ]
Robatsch bets [200].
radion22 calls [200].
** Dealing Turn ** [ 5h ]
>You have options at Table 14213 Table!.
Robatsch is all-In [1265]
radion22 is all-In [915]
** Dealing River ** [ 9c ]
Robatsch shows [ Qh, Ah ] a pair of fives.
radion22 shows [ 3d, 3s ] two pairs, fives and threes.
Robatsch wins 350 chips from side pot #1 with a pair of fives.
radion22 wins 2655 chips from the main pot with

threeonefour
05-25-2005, 03:47 PM
ok let me set the stage for my analysis...

on the turn i am more or less making a pot sizish bet. given this board texture this seems like the kind of board a pair of sevens might fold... maybe even 88 from a tight player. yet its also the kind of board where the villian will be calling off with any heart or club flush draw... i figure i stand to make a lot of money there.

i know i am in bad shape if a pair calls me... though not that bad. ultimately i think push is only the right play if some sevens fold. so in the experience of more seasoned player, does a pair of sevens fold here in the 55s enough or should i take a free card?

Newt_Buggs
05-25-2005, 03:59 PM
I consider myself one of the looser players on this board and I might have folded preflop. AQ just isn't that good of a hand out of position and level 3 is one of those tricky stages. Raising is probably either going to take down t75 or trap you against a hand that has you dominated or is a coinflip.

DaveKForty7
05-25-2005, 04:02 PM
What was your read on the guy?
How would you have played the hand if you held 77?

wiggs73
05-25-2005, 04:10 PM
exactly what sort of made hand do you make this series of plays with? did you make a 3+BB raise with A-one of the cards on the board? if you made a set, would you have not bet for value instead of push? villain likely put you (correctly) on 2 big cards and called you because he thought he had the best hand.

threeonefour
05-25-2005, 04:11 PM
are you talking about a pocket pair of sevens or flopping a pair of sevens...

i don't care at all about the hand 77 in particular... if he flops top set, he flops top set, i am not going to run around putting people on that hand.

i might have played a pair of sevens like he did though(on the flop). i fold all sevens preflop there...

threeonefour
05-25-2005, 04:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
exactly what sort of made hand do you make this series of plays with? did you make a 3+BB raise with A-one of the cards on the board? if you made a set, would you have not bet for value instead of push? villain likely put you (correctly) on 2 big cards and called you because he thought he had the best hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

it's a sng. i push a shitload of hands when a push is the size of the pot. as does everybody

not to sound like a jackass but yes i do push sets quads straights flushes overpairs two pair or whatever in similar hands here.

threeonefour
05-25-2005, 04:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I consider myself one of the looser players on this board and I might have folded preflop. AQ just isn't that good of a hand out of position and level 3 is one of those tricky stages. Raising is probably either going to take down t75 or trap you against a hand that has you dominated or is a coinflip.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am making chips playing AQs here. i know there are some players who fold this stuff but i am not going to pass up on +ev oppurtunities. if i wasn't confident in my postflop play i might fold it, but if i wasn't confident in my postflop play i don't think i would be playing 55s personally

threeonefour
05-25-2005, 04:39 PM
one last thought... if i am the villian in this hand. i fold any pair of sevens any flush draw and i fold 88 90% of the time. if i have a better hand its read dependent.

Phil Van Sexton
05-25-2005, 04:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

it's a sng. i push a shitload of hands when a push is the size of the pot. as does everybody

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. The villian is a complete donkey and I'm not giving to give him any credit for thinking here.

I probably would've bet a bit more on the flop and then checked it down after watching him call 2 big bets. At this point, I've gotta think he has something like TT and plans to call me all the way down.

tech
05-25-2005, 05:44 PM
Once he calls your flop bet, you have to shut it down. It stinks, but it's a hell of a lot better than bluffing off all your chips.

threeonefour
05-25-2005, 05:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Once he calls your flop bet, you have to shut it down. It stinks, but it's a hell of a lot better than bluffing off all your chips.

[/ QUOTE ]

you are probably right... i think it is pretty close though, probably a read dependent play.

wiggs73
05-25-2005, 08:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

not to sound like a jackass but yes i do push sets quads straights flushes overpairs two pair or whatever in similar hands here.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, but all i was saying was that given the pre-flop raise from a good player, i think it was easy to put you on a hand (2 big cards) that didn't connect with the board. I could see you playing the hand the same way with a big pair, but I would have put you on 1 of these 2 types of hands. Just my 2 cents though. I personally would have folded, but if his read is 2 big cards, well then the call is a good one.