PDA

View Full Version : CL Final

Skjonne
05-25-2005, 02:32 PM
AC Milan will obviously crush Liverpool FC. 3-0. You saw it here first

jakethebake
05-25-2005, 02:35 PM
I have no idea what this means but put it in her pooper. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

kerssens
05-25-2005, 02:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have no idea what this means but put it in her pooper. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I think its about European football.

eric5148
05-25-2005, 02:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have no idea what this means but put it in her pooper.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the first time I've actually laughed at this phrase.

irishken
05-25-2005, 02:38 PM
1-0 for milan.. at least not more then 2 goals. I have big bet on under 2.5 with odds of 1.54

chaas4747
05-25-2005, 02:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think its about European football.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is socccer, not football, soccer, [censored] soccer.

PhatTBoll
05-25-2005, 02:43 PM
0-0 (4-3) Reds

kerssens
05-25-2005, 02:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
0-0 (4-3) Reds

[/ QUOTE ]

This one lost me.

The once and future king
05-25-2005, 02:44 PM
No it is football, a game where you predominately kick a ball with your foot. Unlike American advertbreakthrowball.

Soul Daddy
05-25-2005, 02:46 PM
This really belongs in the Sports forum.

DeadMoneyOC
05-25-2005, 02:46 PM
I am sooo ready for this. Best thread of the year already! 2-1 Milan. Crespo opens in the 27th, Milan Baros responds in the 63rd, and then Kaka marks in the 91st! Get ready!!! Im soo excited...they are just about kickoff now!

PhatTBoll
05-25-2005, 02:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
0-0 (4-3) Reds

[/ QUOTE ]

This one lost me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Think penalty kicks. And Liverpool are known as the Reds.

DeadMoneyOC
05-25-2005, 02:48 PM
PAOLO MALDINI!

PhatTBoll
[ QUOTE ]
0-0 (4-3) Reds

[/ QUOTE ]

or maybe not

DeadMoneyOC
GOLAZO!

DangerGoodson
05-25-2005, 02:49 PM
GOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL

kerssens
05-25-2005, 02:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm gonna miss Sports forum references when/if the sports forum gets created.

DeadMoneyOC
05-25-2005, 02:51 PM
Since when does Maldini ever score a goal? ever?

Liverpool is going to score though...My jedi senses can feel it.

Soul Daddy
05-25-2005, 02:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm gonna miss Sports forum references when/if the sports forum gets created.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm gonna miss OOT.

DeadMoneyOC
05-25-2005, 02:53 PM
Collina isnt the ref? wtf?

PhatTBoll
05-25-2005, 04:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Since when does Maldini ever score a goal? ever?

Liverpool is going to score though...My jedi senses can feel it.

[/ QUOTE ]
And score again. Impressive goals by Smicer and Gerrard. I'm glad I didn't stop watching at halftime.

Yeti
05-25-2005, 05:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good call.

partygirluk
05-25-2005, 06:10 PM
Mon dieu.

Whitey
05-25-2005, 07:00 PM
Well they won the first half 3-0,however its a 90 min 9+ extra time)game GO ON THE REDS

KJS
05-25-2005, 07:08 PM
Doesn't seem so obvious now does it?

What a great game for the neutral fan. I missed the PKs but it sounds like Milan really screwed them up.

KJS

parappa
05-25-2005, 07:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This was a fantastic prediction at one point. Congrats to Liverpool!

2+2 wannabe
05-25-2005, 07:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What a great game for the neutral fan. I missed the PKs but it sounds like Milan really screwed them up.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes

Voltron87
05-25-2005, 07:37 PM
yes is an understatement.

DeadMoneyOC
05-25-2005, 07:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was laughing thinking about this post at half-time! What a game though. Steven Gerrad is a fantastic player and a great captain. Milan completely disappeared in the second half. Kaka barely got any touches on the second half after being the MVP of the first half(yes, tommy smyte is the man and I believe his every word). What about Shevas miss from point blank in the 118th? Then he misses his penalty, what a clown. Dijbril Cisse is also a clown. Awesome game though, its being repeated right now on ESPN2 if anyone cares. This one made up for the prevouis two years finals though. Great game!

Edit: I really hope Liverpool is allowed to defend! UEFA needs to get it together on that one. I think Everton should play next year also...they just need to figure something out so its fair for everyone.

KJS
05-25-2005, 08:24 PM
Imagine if they don't and Gerrard leaves the club because he knows he is one of the best and belongs on a club playing in the CL. That would be a shame.

But there is no solution that is fair aside from telling Liverpool they are out because of their domestic finish. Everything else screws another team over.

KJS

JackWilson
05-25-2005, 09:33 PM
I stopped watching the live broadcast after half-time then caught the rebroadcast without knowing the result, and wow what a fantastic game. I think Milan were a bit unlucky to lose that. Obviously they messed up but they did have by far the better of the game except for about 20 minutes of the 2nd half. Amazing comeback by Liverpool though. They showed their class.

Am I the only person who thinks Cisse, Baros and Luis Garcia (admittedly he has his moments) are just not good enough?

Dudek was hilarious. The spaghetti legs imitation wasn't perfect but still made me laugh. I can see him practising in front of a mirror at home. Anyway, my money would definitely have been on Milan in the shootout since Dida is just an amazingly athletic goalkeeper and his forte is reflex- and penalty saves. The way he saved Riise's penalty was impressive. I know Riise telegraphed the kick but getting to the post (diving past it in fact) was an amazing leap. Smicer wrong-footed Dida BEAUTIFULLY though.

Anyway, really fun game to watch and CONGRATULATIONS to all Liverpool fans...the European journey was something special that stands pretty much alone in the modern Liverpool era.

(BTW, I still think Man Utd's 2 goals in injury time - NOT extra time - were more dramatic but this was the best comeback ever /images/graemlins/tongue.gif)

EDIT: Just opening a bit of a discussion with Liverpool fans here: having only 1 man up front might have been fine for a Cup competition but if Liverpool don't change their tactics up front (especially using more width) they're gonna struggle again in the Premiership next season. Opinions?

Skjonne
05-26-2005, 03:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was laughing thinking about this post at half-time!

[/ QUOTE ]

Half-time? What are you talking about? I watched all 45 minutes and saw my prediction was right on spot. I didn't wait to see Maldini raising the trophy, I played pokah on the internet (yes, you can do that!)

I'm the Oracle of Delphi!

daveymck
05-26-2005, 06:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]

EDIT: Just opening a bit of a discussion with Liverpool fans here: having only 1 man up front might have been fine for a Cup competition but if Liverpool don't change their tactics up front (especially using more width) they're gonna struggle again in the Premiership next season. Opinions?

[/ QUOTE ]

They wont struggle (that will be left to Sunderland and Wigan) but again they wont be competitive to win unless they buy a few more good players and even then it will take a couple of years, the gap from the top 3 into the second level of teams is large.

I dont think they should get into the champions league everyone knows the rules at the start of the season they didnt finish high enough to qualify and thats the end of it. The champions league is devalued enough with 4 teams from some countries without throwing in teams who finished their domestic league in 5th 37 points behind the champions (3 point for a win so that for our american friends is 12 wins and a draw behind over a 38 game season).

mosta
05-26-2005, 05:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No it is football, a game where you predominately kick a ball with your foot. Unlike American advertbreakthrowball.

[/ QUOTE ]

my father, from brazil, always referred in all seriousness to the american game as hand-egg.