PDA

View Full Version : HU Etiquette

flair1239
05-25-2005, 01:57 PM
Had A situation last night on UB. WOuld like feedback on how I handled it and advice for the future.

I was playing a 5/10 full game that went to shorthanded pretty quickly. Within one orbit. When it got down to three handed another player joined.

We played four handed for a couple orbits and the other two people left. So it was just me and the newcomer. It was about 2am CST and I was winding down. Also my daughter had an ear infection and was restless (relevant later in story).

So we played for about a half an hour HU. I was mainly interested in the experience. At one point I was down 10BB, but mainly we were always within about 5BB or so.

Well finally at one point I got up about 5BB, then my daughter started crying. I refused my blind, went and got her and came back to the CPU. I typed in "Sorry I have to go". Now I hate hit and run artists, I have been on the short end of that situation before, so I added "If you like I will ship you $50".

He politely refused. I then empahasised my point and typed in "I hate hit and runs, I would really like to ship you the money." He refused again, I thanked him and left.

Questions:

1. What is SOP for quitting HU when you are ahead/behind?
2. Please comment on my handling of the situation.

klagett
05-25-2005, 02:05 PM
Second post like this I have seen this week. The other one was about a 2000$ misclick. You guys are too nice.

IMO leave whenever you feel like.

StellarWind
05-25-2005, 02:12 PM
Pretty awful of you. Left him sitting all by himself at the last table in the entire poker room because it's two in the morning and your sick little girl needs you.

Wait, this is online at a major site where he can find another game within two minutes /images/graemlins/tongue.gif.

Let's be real. Anyone can get up from any poker table at any time with no explanation and no apologies. That's a basic rule. You don't owe him anything and I very seriously doubt that he expects anything.

It would be very gracious to type in "I have to go now. I really enjoyed our game." before you left. Not at all necessary, but a classy touch if you feel like it.