PDA

View Full Version : Standard?

blackaces13
05-25-2005, 12:28 PM
Opponent seemed to be fairly tight/solid. I hadn't seem him be overly aggressive and the last time he raised preflop he had AA.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, BB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.75 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 7.75 BB

What if the turn was a brick instead of a K? Is it still check/fold?

fluxrad
05-25-2005, 12:33 PM
This seems a little weak to me, but then again I'm a big fan of tens.

I'm going to throw this out there. Someone tell my why it might be wrong, but...

What about a flop 3-bet, call if capped and fold the turn UI?

gharp
05-25-2005, 12:38 PM
I think this is OK, given your read. I'd probably call down against an unknown (or 3-bet the flop).

On a brick turn, I think you have to play on -- even a rock probably still raises AK. As it stands, the only hand you're ahead of here is AQ so I think you can let it go.

irishpint
05-25-2005, 12:39 PM
I agree. If its a brick, play on. Now that a king fell i dont see what we're ahead of, thus i fold.

atnels
05-25-2005, 12:42 PM
I think you can probably dump this on the turn without feeling too bad about it. Smallish pot, no worries. Next hand.

Solid players still reraise with AK and whiff on flops, too. Would he raise the flop with a /images/graemlins/spade.gif draw just to push you off a hand? Since BB folded, I think I'd just check/call the turn.

My river line would depend a lot on my reads. Against an unknown, I'm probably check/calling a river blank if Villain bets the turn. Lots of players will continue to bluff the river with unimproved overcards HU.

atnels
05-25-2005, 12:48 PM
The thing I wonder about this is what 3-betting really does for you HU when you don't really have a good read on your opposition.

Say Villain has us drawing to 2 outs with AA-JJ. The board is moderately scary for red pocket pairs, since you've got trips on the board plus the flush draw. Tighter players would probably slow down to a bet/reraise from us on this board even with these hands that are beating us into the ground. Thinking, agressive players might slow down only to pop us again on a non-spade turn.

I'm not arguing for or against a flop reraise, I'd just like opinions on the above.

Being OOP sucks here.

gopnik
05-25-2005, 12:52 PM
I might bet a blank turn and fold to a raise. Very often people reraise the flop with AK when they miss. I'd fold the turn here too.

Jaran
05-25-2005, 01:31 PM
I don't think this is tooooo bad, given your read on the villan. If the turn is a blank, you might want to look at a sng. Just a thought.

-Jaran

aK13
05-25-2005, 02:15 PM
If the turn was a brick, we should lead the turn, fold to a raise?

Jaran
05-25-2005, 02:18 PM
Yuppers

-Jaran