PDA

View Full Version : 97s draw in unraised pot

TheHarlequin
05-25-2005, 12:28 PM
Would appreciate some feedback on this hand please...

The villain is fairly tight pre-flop and have not seen him play many post-flop hands.

NL $1/$2 Blinds $200 Max Buy-In Full Ring 10-Handed

UTG folds. UTG+1 calls. UTG+2 calls. MP1 folds. I hold 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif in MP2 and call. Everyone folds to SB (Villain) who completes. BB checks.

Flop : K /images/graemlins/heart.gif J /images/graemlins/heart.gif T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Pot = $10

Villain bets $6. Everyone folds to me leaving the pot Heads-Up. I have a flush draw and OESD though I considered the straight draw as being a gutshot to the 8 in case the villain held an Ace. My image was tight at the time so I tried to win the pot there with a semi-bluff raise to $18. The villain re-raised me making it $30 to go. At this point I felt that the villains most likely holding was 2-pair (KJ, KT or JT). I didn't think he would fold to any more aggressive action and the pot was laying me just under 5-to-1 so I called.

Turn : 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif Pot = $67

Villain leads out for $25. With better than 3-to-1 odds I call.

River : 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif Pot = $117

Villain leads out for $50. I fold.

Any comments on how I could have played this differently? All comments are greatly appreciated.

swolfe
05-25-2005, 12:31 PM
raise the flop:
- he may lay down the better hand
- he may check to you on the turn, allowing you to take a free card
- it disguises your hand so that if you hit on the turn, you're more likely to get action

Soul Daddy
05-25-2005, 12:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
raise the flop

[/ QUOTE ]
He did.

swolfe
05-25-2005, 12:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He did.

[/ QUOTE ]

heh, oops. anyone else tend to gloss over large blocks of text with no white space? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

i'd probably push to his reraise on the flop...you have a very strong draw even with just the flush and gutshot, and discounting the Q outs.

calling is fine since he pretty much prices you in at each point.