PDA

View Full Version : Overcards

waynethetrain
05-25-2005, 12:22 PM
Was this OK considering there was a card in the playing zone on the flop and a 2nd one hit on the turn?

Bet the flop into 2 opponents because I had 2 overcards and a backdoor flush.

Took another shot on the turn because of the STR8 draw.

Check/Folded when the 3rd flush card hit and he bet.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, SB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, SB folds.

Turn: (4 BB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

River: (6 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 7 BB

silkyslim
05-25-2005, 12:28 PM
this happens to me many many times a session. I have overcards, a single donk calls me down. i check unimproved on the river, and the donk bets.what do i do now? i would like to read a skillful response to this post.

waynethetrain
05-25-2005, 12:40 PM
It happens to me at least one or twice per hour. It's a nightmare scenario. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I had been calling the river bet against some players I thought were bad or that might bluff at me, but even they usually flip over the pair. I need to review my PT database more carefully and also get more input here.

xLukex
05-25-2005, 12:43 PM
Your straight draw is entirely too weak to justify betting the turn here.

Chances are, your opponent is sitting there with QK, JK, TQ, TJ, or a flush draw and isn't going to be shaken off.

I understand, yes, you have a really good starting hand. But you're spewing money at this guy.