PDA

View Full Version : What about this idea?

Indiana
05-25-2005, 12:18 PM
I have noticed that in Indianapolis there are some great locations where a breakfast/lunch place would do quite well. My wife and I are always looking for a place to eat breakfast and there aren't that many that we like. There is a community where we live that is just screaming for a little cafe' that serves breakfast and then maybe lunch until around 3pm...I don't guess that the startup $ would be that bad and I have seen others in the city do well with this...Is this a cash cow or what? These cafes could be branded and expanded all over the US...

Thoughts? Indiana

joshman1204
05-25-2005, 06:47 PM
you know the saying, "A millionaire is just a multi millionaire that bought a restraunt"

Eihli
05-25-2005, 07:02 PM
Why would someone eat at a place like that over Ihop, Denny's, Mcdonalds, etc? At least around my area, I don't think there is much demand for a small brunch cafe. I'm not saying there isn't demand somewhere though.

eric5148
05-25-2005, 09:07 PM
If you're posting this idea here, then you shouldn't do it. There are restaurants that are packed every day and still lose money. If you don't know what you're doing, forget it.

Indiana
05-26-2005, 10:51 AM
Good point...I have seen this a lot...I never understood how restaurants go under when they are constantly packed with people??? any thoughts?

Indiana

GeorgeF
05-26-2005, 11:14 AM
If you are serious talk to local restaurant owners about a min wage or no wage job. Make sure you have a possibly unpaid book keeping function too.

score.org

eric5148
05-26-2005, 01:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Good point...I have seen this a lot...I never understood how restaurants go under when they are constantly packed with people??? any thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

If I knew why, I'd probably go into the restaurant business myself.

If you really want to do it, you could try to meet some successful restaurant owners in your area and work out some kind of partnership. You could be the financier, and the other person would run the place.

wickedgoodtrader
05-28-2005, 02:39 PM
I think the only successful restaraunts are ones that serve alchohol.