PDA

View Full Version : Question re: GameTime+ & Notes

SonOfWestwood
05-25-2005, 12:10 PM
Unless there's a newer version of GameTime+ that I'm not aware of, I'm unable to enter notes for players through its interface.

Because of that, I generally don't use GameTime+, and use the GameTime windows from PokerTracker instead. How does everyone get around using GameTime+ and entering player notes?

Thanks.

theblitz
05-25-2005, 12:29 PM
How about using the site's note-keeping option?
Much easier to see them because a little icon appears next to the name indicating there are some notes.

theredpill5
05-25-2005, 12:32 PM
I was on the fence at first about Gametime + because it was a little distracting to have all those numbers on the screen. Now, though, I wouldn't have it any other way. You get used to it and you begin to really like it. PT gametime is so ugly. I have no idea how someone would actually use that and play more than one table.

SonOfWestwood
05-25-2005, 12:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How about using the site's note-keeping option?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was using this for a while, but found that PartyPoker's software has a maximum for the number of characters, which is why I stopped using it for notes.

SonOfWestwood
05-25-2005, 12:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I was on the fence at first about Gametime + because it was a little distracting to have all those numbers on the screen. Now, though, I wouldn't have it any other way. You get used to it and you begin to really like it. PT gametime is so ugly. I have no idea how someone would actually use that and play more than one table.

[/ QUOTE ]

So how do you handle taking notes for players?

subzero
05-25-2005, 12:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I was using this for a while, but found that PartyPoker's software has a maximum for the number of characters, which is why I stopped using it for notes.

[/ QUOTE ]
I have PokerTracker and I play on PokerStars. PokerStars does not have real time hand histories, so I just export the Notes.txt file before each session. I use "Advance Export" to export 5 stats.: VP$IP, AF, PFR, FBB, and # of hands played). It's only 3 lines or so. Is that too many characters for PartyPoker?

SonOfWestwood
05-25-2005, 01:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have PokerTracker and I play on PokerStars. PokerStars does not have real time hand histories, so I just export the Notes.txt file before each session. I use "Advance Export" to export 5 stats.: VP$IP, AF, PFR, FBB, and # of hands played). It's only 3 lines or so. Is that too many characters for PartyPoker?

[/ QUOTE ]

That probably wouldn't be too many characters, but I need the ability to manually put notes in for various players too. Things like hands played, how they played them post-flop, when they check-raised, limp re-raised, etc. That's the stuff that started maxing out the characters, which is why I was so happy with PokerTracker, and being able to enter as much text as I need. I'm just wondering what people that use GameTime+ do to enter all the manual notes on players...

theblitz
05-25-2005, 01:18 PM
Depends how much you really want to record about one player.
I doubt you are going to write 3 pages of notes on each player.
I use abbrev. /images/graemlins/smile.gif) as much as possible in order to save space.
For example:
Instead of "Doesn't understand position play" I would put in BPP (Bad Position Player).

subzero
05-25-2005, 01:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That probably wouldn't be too many characters, but I need the ability to manually put notes in for various players too. Things like hands played, how they played them post-flop, when they check-raised, limp re-raised, etc. ...

[/ QUOTE ]
True. I haven't been able to retain player notes while exporting my customized stats. to the Notes.txt file. If anyone knows if this can be done, please post.

excession
05-25-2005, 02:00 PM
you shouldn't need to export stat notes from PT as the stats will be on view anyway with GT+ or PV.
Just make notes by clicking on the player when you are playing them.

If you are making notes on players' style offline then you really are taking small stakes NL too seriously -:)

To be honest i hardly use notes at all these days as the pool of players at Party $100's is just so huge

subzero
05-25-2005, 02:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you shouldn't need to export stat notes from PT as the stats will be on view anyway with GT+ or PV.

[/ QUOTE ]
I was unable to get GT+ to work with PokerTracker on PokerStars. The Notes are the convenient alternative for me.

[ QUOTE ]

If you are making notes on players' style offline then you really are taking small stakes NL too seriously -:)

[/ QUOTE ]I do take it seriously (as I think most 2+2ers do). It's probably more important when the stakes are higher, but I do plan on moving up again (so are lots of the people that I'm playing with and recording).

[ QUOTE ]
To be honest i hardly use notes at all these days as the pool of players at Party $100's is just so huge

[/ QUOTE ]
True, but it's still helpful to take notes on the regulars. If someone outright bluffs you a couple of times on the river, I think that's worth a note.

poboy
05-25-2005, 05:58 PM
It sounds like you are probably getting carried away with note taking. Taking detailed notes about a particular hand is not going to do you any good, since the player may not play it the same way next time. Unless you've seen him play the same hand the exact same way multiple times, it doesn't deserve a note. What you should be using the note keeping for is just a players general style, which even that now seems less important since GT+ will paint you a pretty good picture of that players style anyways. I find myself not even really using the notes anymore other than to note really bizarre plays.

To the poster who can't get GT+ working with PS, you need to have PS auto-send your HH to your hard drive. Than you just set PT to auto-import from that directory. It works exactly like Party.