PDA

View Full Version : Rites of Passage

poker-penguin
05-25-2005, 11:46 AM
I read a book recently in which an average guy made a list of extreme adventures and then did them (I think it was a middle aged crisis).

So, given I'm a 24 year old who still hasn't really grown up, I was thinking about making my own version of the list.

At present it stands at:

1) Climb a mountain
2) Ride a rodeo bull
3) Run with the bulls
4) Skydive
5) Perform a stand up comedy routine
6) Kill and eat a wild animal
7) Amateur boxing match
8) Jump off a big scary cliff into water
9) Hang out alone in the wilderness for 40 days
10) Stick it in her pooper (come on you all KNEW this would appear in this thread)

Yes I've done some of these (1,5,6,8,10) and I hope to do the rest of them before I'm 30.

So, since my list is getting a little short, I want to hear your comments, additions to the list, deletions from the list, at least one "stick it in her pooper" from someone who can't read.

Frills
05-25-2005, 12:39 PM
#2 can be done easily

Go to Mansfield, TX give the man $5, borrow someone's rope, pick a bull, and ask for help. People there are nice, and you'll find Rodeo cowboys very similar to poker players, everyone wants to do well, and win.

BreakfastBurrito
05-25-2005, 12:40 PM
1) Punch a girl in a bar fight
2) Pour beer on a professional athlete at a sporting event
3) Get arrested in a foreign country

Actually my lifetime goal would be to qualify and compete in a major eating contest (Coney Island Nathan's Hot Dogs or Philadelphia Wing Bowl would be top choices), cash in the WSOP and qualify for and complete the Kona Ironman all in the same calendar year. For lifetime achievement that would put me near Ben Franklin in my mind.

In my opinion, skydiving and any other sort of adrenaline rush jumping from high places activity is overrated.

Macdaddy Warsaw
05-25-2005, 12:41 PM
I like the stand-up routine one. I think I'm hilarious, but I really think I need to get to know a person before I can make them laugh. After that, I can get them rolling, but an audience of strangers might be hard.

[censored]
05-25-2005, 12:52 PM
40 days is a bit excessive, no?

eric5148
05-25-2005, 01:06 PM
ADHOC.

poker-penguin
05-26-2005, 07:12 PM
Yeah, with all the small cowboy towns near here, I could probably try #2 before summer is done. It scares the hell out of me though.

Stand up is also incredibly scary, I wanted to puke. It's worse because the fear is irrational, my fear of rodeo bulls is pretty rational.

I like the wilderness and know my list is adhoc, or was that an abbreviation.

tek
05-27-2005, 09:45 AM
1) Climb a mountain

4) Skydive

5) Perform a stand up comedy routine

9) Panama jungle

Plus:
Rapelled out of helicoptors and off buildings.

Took an exit ramp at 70 mph in a convertible, hit the brakes on a patch of sand hurling me sideways off the ramp airborne and landed square on all four tires! (I wasn't planning this extreme adventure...

Demolition races. Not lame arena demos where you go backwards at 10 mph, but the oval racetrack ones where you go 40-50 and crash into each other...