PDA

View Full Version : How much for your pinky?

fluxrad
05-25-2005, 11:46 AM
A co-worker and I were having a discussion about the Wendy's finger incident and it was mentioned that the guy who gave up his finger did so (after he'd lost it) to pay off a debt. This raised the question:

How much would you sell your pinky for?

1. This can be either pinky. Your choice.
2. The method of amputation might involve local anesthetic or just a quick chop. It's your choice but we don't have the money to just put you under, pain-free.
3. You do not get to keep your pinky. Once it's gone, it's gone.
4. I have specified a range, but please feel free to discuss specifics.
5. If less than $50,000 please leave contact information.

jakethebake
05-25-2005, 11:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
5. If less than $50,000 please leave contact information.

[/ QUOTE ]

Brilliant!

IndieMatty
05-25-2005, 11:55 AM
"You want a pinky? I can get you a pinky, believe me. There are ways, Dude. You don't wanna know about it, believe me."

kerssens
05-25-2005, 12:01 PM
How much do people actually use their pinky and how would their life be different without one?

lucas9000
05-25-2005, 12:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How much do people actually use their pinky and how would their life be different without one?

[/ QUOTE ]

you'd be that weird guy missing his pinky.

Shajen
05-25-2005, 12:03 PM
ever shake a person's hand that is missing their pinky?

It's strange man.

For that reason alone I wouldn't do it...for anyhting less than $500k.

samjjones
05-25-2005, 12:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
It'd be pretty catastrophic for Dr. Evil.

jakethebake
05-25-2005, 12:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well you couldn't put it in her pooper.

OtisTheMarsupial
05-25-2005, 12:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you serious?
For starters, you'd have to give up your coke habit and cat molestation activities.

BreakfastBurrito
05-25-2005, 12:11 PM
Do you want the whole pinky or just the last phalange Yakuza style? The latter is entirely doable for a reasonable price.

tbach24
05-25-2005, 12:14 PM
10K. I have bad luck with pinkies. Got each one caught in a door, had my left fall off (although it looks cool now) and broke my other one in a fight.

jakethebake
05-25-2005, 12:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
10K. I have bad luck with pinkies. Got each one caught in a door, had my left fall off (although it looks cool now) and broke my other one in a fight.

[/ QUOTE ]

Both my pinkies are very fragile and regularly pop out of socket at the middle knuckle. It looks pretty cool when its out of socket and pointing backwards directly to the side.

steaknshake925
05-25-2005, 12:19 PM
im pretty sure the pinky is actually the most important finger (after the thumb) on your hand. it has to do with balance when gripping things and most everyday activities would be alot harder without your pinky. the romans in their law code used to fine people for injuring others hands, and in the section detailing finger severings, severing somebody's thumb carried the heaviest fine, followed by pinky, and then index, middle, and ring.

jakethebake
05-25-2005, 12:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
im pretty sure the pinky is actually the most important finger (after the thumb) on your hand. it has to do with balance when gripping things and most everyday activities would be alot harder without your pinky. the romans in their law code used to fine people for injuring others hands, and in the section detailing finger severings, severing somebody's thumb carried the heaviest fine, followed by pinky, and then index, middle, and ring.

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Actually I believe your thinking of the ring finger. Everything is tied to it. If you've ever broken that finger you know what i'm talking about. Your whole hand is screwed.

brassnuts
05-25-2005, 12:29 PM
http://www.fancyrobot.com/images/dr_evil_1.jpg

$100,000,000,000

tbach24
05-25-2005, 12:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Both my pinkies are very fragile and regularly pop out of socket at the middle knuckle. It looks pretty cool when its out of socket and pointing backwards directly to the side.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I can't bend the top knuckle. I have this rough line starting at the bottom knuckle to the bottom of the pinky, and then a line you can't really notice from the bottom of the pinky to the base of the hand. It happened when I was like 22 months so I don't really remember other than I was playing with my toy cars, which were the coolest thing EVER.

Alobar
05-25-2005, 01:27 PM
wow, I cant believe all the >$500K votes. Do you realize how worthless your pinky is, and how you wouldnt even miss it? Most of you dont even make near in a year what it would take for 500K to not be drasticly life changing money. Im pretty shocked by the results.

I knew a guy who had legit connections to the black market for body parts. An eyeball got you 10K. And there were people who took that offer. Thats even more amazing to me.

Pocket Trips
05-25-2005, 01:42 PM
I have cerebral Palsy which affects my left hand so that would not be much more of a handicap if at all. I would still want fair market value for my pinky though because Intsead of being that guy who carries his arm a little differently I would be that guy who is carrying his arm funny and is also missing a finger!

wacki
05-25-2005, 02:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
wow, I cant believe all the >$500K votes. Do you realize how worthless your pinky is, and how you wouldnt even miss it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I play guitar and rock climb. Not to mention program all day so the keyboard you miss the pinky.

[ QUOTE ]
Most of you dont even make near in a year what it would take for 500K to not be drasticly life changing money. Im pretty shocked by the results.

[/ QUOTE ]

I could earn 5x my current pay if I left acadamia.

[ QUOTE ]
I knew a guy who had legit connections to the black market for body parts. An eyeball got you 10K. And there were people who took that offer. Thats even more amazing to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Were any of those body parts taken against their will????

Were they sold in the US???? If so, I wonder how they got around the paperwork.

fluxrad
05-25-2005, 02:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I play guitar and rock climb. Not to mention program all day so the keyboard you miss the pinky.

[/ QUOTE ]

Django Reinhardt had three fingers on his left hand.

Also, when you type, take a look at how often you really use both pinkies. I find that the only real use I have for my right pinky is to hit the right shift button.

For $500,000 I'd figure out another way to press it /images/graemlins/grin.gif

daryn
05-25-2005, 02:45 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

Django Reinhardt had three fingers on his left hand.

Also, when you type, take a look at how often you really use both pinkies. I find that the only real use I have for my right pinky is to hit the right shift button.

[/ QUOTE ]

i use my pinky for P and ; and / and ? and ) and 0

deacsoft
05-25-2005, 02:53 PM
I was going to have a friend of mine cut mine off and have it re-attached instantly once. It was years ago and that same friend and I were in a summer-long dare contest. Him and I had completed every dare issued to eachother until the pinky dare. My girlfriend at the time put it to an end by saying she'd leave me if I did it. I was completely whipped at the time so I said, "Okay, Sweety."
Crazy + Young + Video Camera = BAD IDEAS.

So years ago you probably could have watched me do it for free. These days... I just wouldn't do it.

Stickmn24
05-28-2005, 09:19 AM
If I was Antonio Alfonseca, I'd do it for 10 grand.
http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/photo/photogallery/interleague_2003/chc_cws/10.jpg

In case you can't tell, he's got six fingers on his pitching hand. You can probably find a better picture if you really try.

tbach24
05-28-2005, 09:20 AM
Don't you think that would affect his ability to pitch?

jnalpak
05-28-2005, 10:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Don't you think that would affect his ability to pitch?

[/ QUOTE ]

not as much as his ability to put 2-in the stink and 2-in the pink without over extending his middle finger

link to the octopus people (http://www.librarising.com/twelve.html)

JoshuaD
05-28-2005, 12:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I play the piano.

But imagine trying to type without one, it would be annoying.

Thythe
05-28-2005, 12:49 PM
I think it would depend if I could have a good story for how I lost it. If I could say "I lost while rescuing children from a fire or an assassin" then it would be better. If I had to tell people that I allowed it to be cut off for 50k then it wouldn't be as good.

EliteNinja
05-29-2005, 01:21 AM
I play guitar.

&gt;$500k

youtalkfunny
05-29-2005, 03:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
In case you can't tell, he's got six fingers on his pitching hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

His other hand, too.

And each foot has 6 toes. No fooling.

(BTW, I arrived at my price before looking at the poll choices. It turns out that my number was exactly $500,000--if you added a couple of zero's to it.)

Patrick del Poker Grande
05-29-2005, 03:06 AM
It would have to be a life-altering amount. $500k would be nice, but it wouldn't change how I live my life.

fluxrad
05-29-2005, 03:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I play guitar.

&gt;$500k

[/ QUOTE ]

That is a terrible answer. I play guitar and the answer is $250k or less. Again, Django Reinhardt had 3 fingers on his left hand.

scotty34
05-29-2005, 04:58 AM
Try jerking off without using your pinky. It's like only half the fun.