PDA

View Full Version : Full house against tight multitabler FOCK!

irishken
05-25-2005, 11:44 AM
2 4nl 10handed. Villain in this hand is tight multitabler..and regular winner. Im not sure about my image, ive done my usual thing and shoved lot of bluffs especially in small pots. And that way got fishes to tilt their money to my pockets.
Couple limpers to my and I($1500) limp with 33. Some more limpers and villain check on BB.
Pot is $24 to the flop. And flops comes TT3rainbow checked to me and I bet $21 villain($600) and fish($800) call.
Turn 8 checked to me and I bet $44... villain raises fast to $160 fish fold.... what is my action and plan for rest of the hand?!

fisherman112
05-25-2005, 12:01 PM
villian would probably imploy the same play with AT or KT if he views you as an aggressive player. you could go the conservative route and call him down, but there's no way you're folding here. he may have T8 or T4 but he's going to showdown trips with gk too many times for a fold to be the correct play.

flawless_victory
05-25-2005, 12:32 PM
call... if the river is not a T/8, move in.

rwanger
05-25-2005, 12:47 PM
What about a sizeable raise on the turn? I would expect to see AT, KT fairly often here, and his raise is large enough that I would not expect to see him with TT, T8, or 88 (he would give you more of a chance to make a second best hand). There are probably a decent number of river cards that will make him think twice about putting in a large 'value' bet on the river.

If you reraise on the turn, he will probably put you on a T with a lower kicker (assuming his is high), and you will probably still get action. Raising on the river after calling his checkraise on the turn gives away more information about your hand, imo.

Although...if he's seen you bluff too much and is going to make a move on you (which doesn't sound THAT likely, considering his attention is divided, and it's much easier to play simple straightforward poker while multitabling), then you call and let him bluff again on the river.

arod15
05-25-2005, 01:09 PM
Call him down dont raise. This is one of those hands where your way ahead or way behing.I believe you are way ahead here. He will bet his money to you here so dont scare him out. If you do raise here as 1 of 2 things will happen on he fold which is bad or 2 he will go all in and put you on a really tough decision. While i rarly call someone down. I believe with this hand this is the correct play. I would check the 2+2 or Cardplayer articles. There was an interesting article abhout the concept of being way ahead or behind. Just my two cents that you should check call him down if you are going to raise do it on the turn not river. Thats just my two cents. PS this is all based on the fact hat your playing a winning player. A fish you could raise him and he would go all in with just a set he wouldnt think or a fish might bluff his whole stack to you. If he is a good player respect that and check call him down.

arod15
05-25-2005, 01:13 PM
Also,
Since he is a winning player i jhave a feeling he might be making a play at you representing that he has a 10. You said it yourself he saw you bluff a lot. As a winning player this is a great time to bluff and get people out. Thats why i say your way ahead i suspect he is making a play at u.