PDA

View Full Version : I believe I should push, but where

fuzzbox
05-25-2005, 11:27 AM
PP NL (400) 6max

6 players - all with about 400 or so.

Villain is the BB, and hero is the button. Im not long at the table, so nothing read-worthy

Hero has A/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Folded to hero who makes it 12.

SB calls and Villain calls.

Pot (36)
Flop : Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif

SB checks, Villain checks, Hero bets $25, SB folds, Villain raises to $50, Hero calls.

Pot (136)
Turn: 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif
Villain bets $60, Hero calls

Pot (256)
River: K/images/graemlins/club.gif
Villain bets $60, Hero calls

I obviously shouldnt call the river ... but where do I push if I push ? ... Should I push ? I got the feeling that Villain kinda liked his hand, but was ready to let go if I hammered it, but I bottled it.

Thoughts, and who thinks Im a donk ?

tworooks
05-28-2005, 05:46 PM
i would reraise the flop, and face a tough decision if he pushes, with the c/r and reraise all in. but i dont think that is likely, and he is making a semibluff with a Kh. i put villian on something like KhJx, or Kh9x, possibly KhQx.

Malachii
05-28-2005, 06:03 PM
I would reraise a hundred and twenty five more on the flop. If he pushes, it's a call, because you're getting 2-1 on your money.

elus2
05-28-2005, 06:08 PM
so what do you do if villain calls? check behind on the turn? what's your plan on the river in that spot. if you bet the turn what do you do on the river if he calls and what do you do if he checkraises all in.

Malachii
05-28-2005, 06:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
so what do you do if villain calls? check behind on the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

Given the size of the pot, I push the turn no matter what hits if he calls the flop. If you check behind, you have to call a sizable river bet with just top pair/top kicker, assuming you don't improve. I don't like that. If you do improve, you're not getting any action with four hearts on the board unless he has the king of hearts. I would much rather put Villain to the decision in this spot than have to make the tough decision myself.

If you push the turn, he's facing a really hard call with a set. Even if he makes it, you're still not dead, and you get his whole stack if you hit the heart on the river. This really puts him to the test though, I don't think there's anyway he could possibly call you with anything less than set or a flush.