PDA

View Full Version : I was so lost on this hand, how should I have played it?

People_Mover
05-25-2005, 11:15 AM
This hand came up. How would YOU play it...

This is my second hand at this 25NL table. I'm on the button with QQ. Folds around to the guy before me and he raises to 2.00. Now, do you pop it back or just call? I just called.

Flop comes A K A. He checks and I check behind. Turn is a Q. He checks again and I bet a quarter. He calls. River is a harmless 6 of clubs. He bets 5.00 into a 4.50 pot. I have 18.00 in front of me. What would YOU do? Fold? Call? Raise? Push?

Soul Daddy
05-25-2005, 11:23 AM
I'm sorry, I couldn't get past this line:

[ QUOTE ]
Turn is a Q. He checks again and I bet a quarter.

[/ QUOTE ] /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Mercman572
05-25-2005, 11:25 AM
i probably raise preflop to see where i am. plus you don't know how likely the blinds are to play if you cold call. the way you played it there is no way to narrow down the villains range of hands here. i would bet 3/4 the pot here on the flop and go from there.
but from the way you and villain played this its either extreme strength or weakness ohn his part. you showed alot of weakness by the check and quarter bet (which was wayyy to small btw). that being said i would think you have thebest hand on the river and villain is trying to move you off of it most likely with an uderpair

kongo_totte
05-25-2005, 11:28 AM
Re-raise pre-flop. It certainly looks like this guy is on a steal and NL25 is not the place to be sandbagging with queens. Pop it back. Most of the time heīll think youīre on a re-steal and call/raise with crap since he thinks youīre messing with him.

His flop check scares me. If he was on a steal, I think he would bet that board. I probably check behind here also.

Turn (beautiflu turn BTW). Donīt bet a quarter. You have a great hand and you want value. Bet 3/4 to pot and pray he has an A.

I raise the river. Heīs obviously got an A and the way you played it he is certain you havenīt. If he has A K/A6/KK, so be it. I pay him off.

People_Mover
05-25-2005, 11:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I raise the river. Heīs obviously got an A and the way you played it he is certain you havenīt. If he has A K/A6/KK, so be it. I pay him off.

[/ QUOTE ]

how much do you raise. he bet 5.00 so raise to 10? or just push my remaining 18.00?

subzero
05-25-2005, 11:41 AM
I'm reraising preflop. I have position and I want to be in control when the flop comes. I would've bet the flop (3/4 pot) for information. If he calls, then I think he hit part of the board. I might check and call down from there (depending on his bets). He may have just a pair of kings.

kongo_totte
05-25-2005, 11:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

how much do you raise. he bet 5.00 so raise to 10? or just push my remaining 18.00?

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh, push. Pray he has got an ace.

Also, Iīm not a fan of betting the flop. Hero is way ahead or way behind. He might force out JJ-TT, which might bet the turn. I favour pot control in this situatuion.

People_Mover
05-25-2005, 12:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh, push. Pray he has got an ace.

[/ QUOTE ]

I pushed.

He had an ace yes, but it was accompanied by a King flopping Aces full of kings. I think he was just as confused how to play it as I was.