PDA

View Full Version : Any getting away from this hand?

piki
05-25-2005, 08:45 AM
First hand of a 2/4 full ring online. I have 100BB, everyone else is close. Sorry, no PT.

Im LP and my I ante my first hand which comes: 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

2 limpers to me, I check, SB completes, BB checks

($20/5BB) 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Checked to me, I bet out $12/3BB. SB folds, BB calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds.

($76/19BB) 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Checked to Hero, Hero bets $40/10BB, BB calls, MP1 folds

($156/39BB) 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

BB bets out $75/~19BB, Hero calls $75 into $231

Final pot: $306

Villian turns 95o for boat and takes down pot.

Fold on the river? What hands call my bets down and lead on the river? Any better lines?

Durer
05-25-2005, 03:11 PM
His play looks like a real hand, what hand that you beat check calls twice and then lead out with an value-sized bet on river. None, I think. Of course it is a little read dependant, if he is a retard, maybe you beat him sometimes. But on 2-4 and up I think most players check 97 and worse on the river if they played it this passive on earlier streets. The board was pretty dry and even if more aggresive play might have helped to define your hand if would have done you no good in the EV perspective since better hands would still be in and worse 9ines pockets or 5ives would fold. One could argue for a turn check but i donīt mind a half pot bet as draws and weaker 9ines plus dumb or drunk opponents are a good possibility. My two cents// Durer

piki
05-26-2005, 01:06 PM
Thanks for the reply. I just found it hard to believe all four nines and two fives were in these 7 cards.

I considered him having a five and not putting me on a 9. I didnt understand his slow play on both the flop and turn. He had to have known I had a nine, I didnt see him giving me an opportunity hitting my boat.

Rotating Rabbit
05-26-2005, 01:19 PM
I dont think villian could have played the hand any worse.

piki
05-26-2005, 01:21 PM
How would you have played it to extract more money from me. Hoestly, I was pretty married to the hand.

Rotating Rabbit
05-26-2005, 01:31 PM
I would have led the flop, to give you a chance to raise. It may be difficult for villian to get more in on the turn so his check here is alright, but I would have definitely bet more on the river.

Edit: Check on the turn is alright if he leads the flop, check calling twice is silly.

gomberg
05-26-2005, 02:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How would you have played it to extract more money from me. Hoestly, I was pretty married to the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

As soon as he figures you for a real hand (and he should bet out on the flop), then he should figure out how to get the most money from a 9 or an overpair. He didn't build the pot enough to stack you.

Murderous
05-26-2005, 02:14 PM
Fire a pot sized bet on the turn. Shut down after he calls or raises. I don't feel confident trying to "extract" with 98o here. I'd rather drag it on the turn and move onto the next hand. You just sat down right?

Tough break.

Murderous
05-26-2005, 02:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He had to have known I had a nine, I didnt see him giving me an opportunity hitting my boat.

[/ QUOTE ]

You just posted and checked it off preflop. IMO, he flopped a boat and figures you for "overs", a 5 at best, and he's letting you hang yourself. Turn and river seemed innocent. Call, call, lead...ship it!

IMO, I don't think Villain's play was that bad considering the board and your image (or lack thereof).

gomberg
05-26-2005, 02:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hoestly, I was pretty married to the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, this is not a hand you should be married to and w/out a read shouldn't give too much action with it online. That's why I like a check behind on the turn (although your bet was ok as well). I would have called the river too. Good job not raising there.

Edit: nevermind - I like the bet more on the turn... didn't realize it was a post vs. blind situation. If you know the guy will bluff the river, I like a check behind though.

piki
05-26-2005, 02:27 PM
Yea, I bought right back in a fared much better with that rebuy. Was prolly some cursed monies I was playing with /images/graemlins/wink.gif.

In all seriousness, I think I played it OK with his passive play. I was trying to figure out if there were any indications to escape that river value bet. He most likely had me pegged perfectly, though gave me a chance to boat up also.

BluffTHIS!
05-26-2005, 08:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Honestly, I was pretty married to the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Always remember Doyle's injunction not to lose all your chips in an unraised pot.