PDA

View Full Version : Your Worst Beat??

jvphish
05-25-2005, 08:42 AM
I'm new here...posted this on another forum, but I think this is the proper place for it.

[ QUOTE ]
Alright, this is my first post here. I just wanted to throw this question out there for ya'll.

I play on Bodog.com...anyway, I was in a ring game, and raised to 8x the blind preflop. I was content just to take the 4 limper's blinds if that would have been the case. Anyway, my thinking was raise 4x the blind + 1 for each limper. Hence the 8x.

One person calls.

I have A /images/graemlins/heart.gif J /images/graemlins/heart.gif

FLOP: 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif A /images/graemlins/spade.gif

hmmmm...im liking my position here. i check, he bets fairly small...i call.

TURN: 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

hmmmm...the nut flush. he bets a little more...i call.

RIVER: 10 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

he bets...i raise...he reraises...i go all in...he calls.

...and flips over 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif for the straight flush. i could NOT believe he called my preflop raise with a 73s. Honestly, I was in disbelief. Bad beats happen, and I've had worse, but this guy's call just boggled my mind. Thoughts?

(oh and worst beat of my life: 4 people left in a $50 SNG. someone reraises me in the big blind...i have QK. i call.

FLOP: Q Q 8

guy goes all in immediatly. i call.
he flips over AK

turn: J

river: 10

to take 4th place. ouch.

[/ QUOTE ]

edit: oh yeah, the first hand i was talking about...8 handed table. 4 limpers in front of me. one caller. both our stacks were within 10% of each other, and around the max. buy in for the table. his "small" bet was double the minimum.

TStoneMBD
05-25-2005, 09:17 AM
please dont post this stuff

DrPhysic
05-25-2005, 09:22 AM
Here's the place for this post:

http://www.riveredagain.com/index.php

Doc

jvphish
05-25-2005, 09:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
please dont post this stuff

[/ QUOTE ]

soooooooooooooooooorry!

WillMagic
05-25-2005, 09:59 AM
If you want to commisserate with other players and talk about how unlucky you are 2+2 is not for you.

Try going to FTR (http://www.flopturnriver.com). They are more receptive to this sort of thing.

Will

jvphish
05-25-2005, 10:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If you want to commisserate with other players and talk about how unlucky you are 2+2 is not for you.

Try going to FTR (http://www.flopturnriver.com). They are more receptive to this sort of thing.

Will

[/ QUOTE ]

Not whining. Merely making a thread which I thought would be interesting. God you message board freaks are insane with your petty bullshit.

afk
05-25-2005, 10:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Not whining. Merely making a thread which I thought would be interesting. God you message board freaks are insane with your petty bullshit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, these threads come up all the time. The thing here is that no one really wants to hear about your worst beat. Nobody cares, honestly. We've all taken terrible beats but the fact of the matter is that it's just the nature of the game. And since we generally play against bad players who don't play well - we're going to take some serious beats. So basically we've seen it all before and posting them has no merit. That's why people get uppity about threads like these.

jvphish
05-25-2005, 11:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, these threads come up all the time. The thing here is that no one really wants to hear about your worst beat. Nobody cares, honestly. We've all taken terrible beats but the fact of the matter is that it's just the nature of the game. And since we generally play against bad players who don't play well - we're going to take some serious beats. So basically we've seen it all before and posting them has no merit. That's why people get uppity about threads like these.

[/ QUOTE ]

Last time i checked, no one forces anyone to click on a thread, read its contents, and reply, unless they want to.

Aeioux
05-25-2005, 11:09 AM
HAHAH, My first post was pretty much just like this and I got the exact same response, and I said the same thing...Don't click on it than. You'll soon learn however that a lot of posters on this site are pretty uptight and will look for threads like these just to tell you they don't want to read them.

afk
05-25-2005, 11:33 AM
Well of course no one is required to read it. But the act of posting a worthless thread alone takes up board space and moves threads that actually belong there to the bottom. Signal:Noise is what it comes down to. Anywho, I'm going to quit bumping this thread now.

jvphish
05-25-2005, 11:40 AM
Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Aeioux
05-25-2005, 11:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
you are a douche. flat out. bro, look at the threads on the first page here"

"i am becomming a pro"
"online gambling in china?"
"i need motivation"

...youre right. sorry for wasting your precious space.

[/ QUOTE ]
LMAO thats pretty funny.

Klepton
05-25-2005, 03:33 PM
my worst beat:

hero dealt AA:

UTG calls, MP1 calls, ...

http://www.tmgnow.com/IMAGES/impact00.gif