PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Spelling Bee commercial

MicroBob
05-25-2005, 06:46 AM
They are playing the Queen song 'Pressure' and have cuts of past spelling bees with different kids spelling out 'P-R-E-S-S-U-R-E'.

The kid who does the 'E' is absolutely hilarious. I can't stop laughing. Anyway, the commercial cracks me up and I just thought it was pretty damn clever.

BTW - I freaking LOVE the spelling bee. I really think it is awesome watching these kids in this intense pressure-cooker situation get eliminated one by one.
I've enjoyed watching it each year....and also enjoy the guys on Cheap Seats and how they rip on it.

TStoneMBD
05-25-2005, 06:56 AM
i thought that when the girl shouts "N!!" to complete "E.S.P.N." was funny.

MicroBob
05-25-2005, 07:05 AM
yeah. that was the famous girl who kept covering her mouth after each letter.

But I swear...all I have to do is just THINK about that kid doing the super long pause before the last E in pressure and I'm cracking up. The look on his face is killing me.

kyro
05-25-2005, 08:26 AM
ugh, i could have spelled "pressure" when I was in 8th grade. instead i got babblative and demurs. kids have it easy these days. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

GuyOnTilt
05-25-2005, 08:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
ugh, i could have spelled "pressure" when I was in 8th grade. instead i got babblative and demurs. kids have it easy these days. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't seen the commerical, but I'm guessing it's a compilation of individual letters.

GoT

kyro
05-25-2005, 08:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't seen the commerical, but I'm guessing it's a compilation of individual letters.

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

quick as a bunny

TheWorstPlayer
05-25-2005, 08:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Her name is Rebecca Sealfon. I went to school with her. She actually is a very nice person, but clearly one of the weirdest people on the planet. Check out this movie (http://www.cnn.com/US/9705/29/spelling.bee.final/bee.39.espn.mov) . Allegedly, it is quite funny if you make her repeat the 'O' quickly over and over again. /images/graemlins/blush.gif My favorite part is at the very very end when she grabs the trophy and yells "yay!"

2planka
05-25-2005, 09:08 AM
Best ESPN promo I've seen in years. Dorkiness is chic. These gagnly kids are the future of online poker. Just look at 'em!

Rhone
05-25-2005, 09:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Her name is Rebecca Sealfon. I went to school with her.

[/ QUOTE ]

Before you wrote this I would have given 20:1 that she was home schooled...

GuyOnTilt
05-25-2005, 09:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

quick as a bunny

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

"Slippery as a really slippery eel."

GoT

kyro
05-25-2005, 10:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

She is, he's her brother

[/ QUOTE ]

Eurotrash
05-25-2005, 02:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i thought that when the girl shouts "N!!" to complete "E.S.P.N." was funny.

[/ QUOTE ]

This girl was so annoying.

daryn
05-25-2005, 02:50 PM
problem with these is the kid who wins is usually a homeschooled retard, totally inept at life itself. i blame the parents.

TheWorstPlayer
05-25-2005, 03:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] She is, he's her brother

[/ QUOTE ]
a) FYP /images/graemlins/grin.gif
b) She went to Stuyvesant in New York for high school
c) I went to college with her
d) Why didn't you actually offer me that 20:1 before I posted? Damnit.
e) Her brother probably wouldn't mention how funny it sounds to make her scream as if she were orgasming by quickly replaying her yelling 'O! O! O! O!'