PDA

View Full Version : 60" tv on ebay that is currently broken. anybody know about tv repair?

TStoneMBD
05-25-2005, 05:51 AM
ebay auction (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=15079&item=5776143 440&rd=1)

http://i5.ebayimg.com/02/i/03/d5/56/02_1_b.JPG

from the auction:
"Are you a risk taker in need of a REALLY big tv? This is a 60 inch Zenith TV that was working great until last sunday. The picture just went blank but the sound still works. I'm not sure what is wrong with it. It was bought new in 1995, has PIP and Dolby Surround. It has 2 remotes. Serial # 581-14162066 I've been trying to talk the wife into a new set and now is my chance. If some adventurous type will take this tv off my hands my dreams of high definition could come true. For parts or to repair this baby is priced right (no reserve). LOCAL PICKUP ONLY please. I'm in south central CT (Deep River, 06417)."

the tv is within driving distance of me. however, in order for me to pick it up i will have to rent a uhaul truck, which could run a pretty penny. i also have to get someone to help me pick up the piece.

i then might have to get a tv repair guy to do the stuff for me if i cant fix it myself. i know nothing about this sort of thing. do any of you have any idea what the cause of this might be?

someone wrote into the guy selling the tv after he posted the auction saying:

I can tell you what is wrong with that tv , since I live in Maine There is no way of getting the set , so here we go you have Two Resisters that go bad in that set that's why you have no picture , but you should have sound the parts should cost no more then $2.00 have a nice day

is this guy right? im in the market for a big screen tv and if i can buy this for a hundred bucks plus uhaul it could save me about a grand. however, if it doesnt work then im gonna have to pay someone to come and drop this thing off somewhere.

gambool it up?

NorCalJosh
05-25-2005, 06:00 AM
if the picture was working perfectly, that tv still wouldnt be worth the labor of moving it, not to mention the cost of the uhaul truck, not to mention the extra hundred bucks you would have to pay to get it.

and its not working perfectly.

Popinjay
05-25-2005, 06:21 AM
-EV

JohnnyHumongous
05-25-2005, 06:26 AM
Shouldn't you wonder why this guy would still sell the set if what the Maine guy said was true? He would just fix it himself for $2.- and take it off the auction...

TStoneMBD
05-25-2005, 06:30 AM
yes you are probably right. however, there is already a bid on the auction and so the seller cannot remove it. unless he wants to break ebay rules, he has to sell the item once there is a bidder. however, the guy has less than 10 feedbacks, so if i was him and realized i could fix it for 2 bucks i definitely wouldnt sell it.