PDA

View Full Version : New

euri10
05-25-2005, 03:29 AM
hi,
I'm brand new to triple draw, and as a regular 2/4 PLO player now I must say I really enjoy this game, at least the few hands I played.
I have a few questions :
*Are there other places than UltimateBet to play at ?
*Are there bankroll requirements as in limit HE you should have 900BB ?
*How works hand history at UB, I'm able to catch only a particular hand, no way to get my whole session if I don't know hand number I played...
*what would be a good limit to begin with, I tested from 2/4 to 5/10 and made quite nothing (gain or loss) at each table...
*are there some "basic" concepts to know at this game ?
*position semms to be very important, I tend to loosen a lot on the button, is it he case ?
*what are starting hands requirements if any ?
*does the hand converter work for this game ?
*rake seems to be very high especially HU, should I play tighter with less people ?

wahooo this is a lot of questions at once !

and you find a hand I played, just wanted to hear your thoughts about it. Thank you in advance and hope to post more in he future and maybe give you advices in the future /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Hand #5730202-11559 at Rye ($2/$4 Triple Draw 2-7)
Powered by UltimateBet
Started at 22/May/05 17:42:23

player A is at seat 0 with $188.25.
player B is at seat 1 with $96.
euri10 is at seat 2 with $133.50.
player C is at seat 3 with $10.75.
player D is at seat 4 with $208.75.
player E is at seat 5 with $140.25.
The button is at seat 3.

player D posts the small blind of $1.
player E posts the big blind of $2.

player A: -- -- -- -- --
player B: -- -- -- -- --
euri10: 7c 3d Kh Ts 4s
player C: -- -- -- -- --
player D: -- -- -- -- --
player E: -- -- -- -- --

First Round:

player A folds. player B raises to $4. euri10
calls. player C folds. player D calls. player E
calls.

player D takes 2 cards. player E takes 2 cards.
player B takes 2 cards. euri10 takes 2 cards.

euri10: 7c 3d 4s 9c 3s

Second Round:

player D checks. player E checks. player B
checks. euri10 checks.

player D takes 2 cards. player E takes 1 card.
player B takes 2 cards. euri10 takes 2 cards.

Third Round:

euri10: 7c 3d 4s 2c Td

player D bets $4. player E calls. player B folds.
euri10 calls.

player D stands pat. player E takes 1 card.
euri10 takes 1 card.

euri10: 7c 3d 4s 2c 5c

Final Round:

player D bets $4. player E calls. euri10 raises
to $8. player D calls. player E folds.

Showdown:

euri10 shows 7c 5c 4s 3d 2c.
euri10 has 7 5 4 3 2.
player D mucks cards.
(player D has 8c 6c 5s 4c 3c.)

Hand #5730202-11559 Summary:

$2.25 is raked from a pot of $48.
euri10 wins $45.75 with 7 5 4 3 2.
----------------------------------------------------------------

randomstumbl
05-25-2005, 03:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
*Are there other places than UltimateBet to play at ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ultimate Bet has the largest selection of Triple Draw games. 24h poker has some low limit multitable tourneys and cash games (the cash games are usually empty). Games Grid also has started spreading TDL.

[ QUOTE ]
*Are there bankroll requirements as in limit HE you should have 900BB ?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the generally held belief is that triple draw has higher variance than hold'em. That may require a higher bankroll for professional players. If you're a recreational player, I'd think that 300 BB is plenty as long as you're willing to drop down during bad runs.

[ QUOTE ]
*How works hand history at UB, I'm able to catch only a particular hand, no way to get my whole session if I don't know hand number I played...

[/ QUOTE ]

Ultimate History (http://www.pokertracker.com/ubh.html) is a tool to save hand histories for use with Poker Tracker. It will save hand histories to your computer even if you don't use Poker Tracker.

[ QUOTE ]
*what would be a good limit to begin with, I tested from 2/4 to 5/10 and made quite nothing (gain or loss) at each table...

[/ QUOTE ]
I think that question is difficult to answer. Everyone plays poker for a variety of reasons. I doubt you could just jump in to 5/10 and start winning without knowing much about the game. In fact, I doubt you could consistently beat 2/4 without a pretty good understanding. On the other hand, if you enjoy playing those levels while you learn, then it's a good choice.

[ QUOTE ]
*position semms to be very important, I tend to loosen a lot on the button, is it he case ?

[/ QUOTE ] Super System 2 has a chapter on triple draw (both 2-7 and a-5). It covers all of this and a lot of other important topics.
[ QUOTE ]
*does the hand converter work for this game ?

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually don't know if there's a hand converter that works. I've just been using find>replace in Word. Anyone else know of a hand converter that works?

Whew, that was a lot of questions...anyway, have fun playing TDL.

lucas9000
05-25-2005, 11:01 AM
first of all, welcome.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

read the triple draw chapter in super system 2. probably the most important single basic concept: the deuce is the key card. with some exceptions, you really don't want to play a pot without a deuce.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

if you can do so profitably, yes that's great. position is HUGE in triple draw. just be careful of not getting TOO loose.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

as with any form of poker, you could make rigid starting hand requirements, but they could never account for all the various exceptions. generally, for starting out, stick to good 2-card draws better. e.g., 234xx, 237xx, 247xx, etc. you want those wheel cards, especially the deuce. playing heads up or three handed, though, playign this tight could get you in a lot of trouble.

[ QUOTE ]
*rake seems to be very high especially HU, should I play tighter with less people ?

[/ QUOTE ]

i wouldn't play tighter with less people than you do at a full table. you will get KILLED by opponents stealing your blinds.

[ QUOTE ]
and you find a hand I played, just wanted to hear your thoughts about it. Thank you in advance and hope to post more in he future and maybe give you advices in the future /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Hand #5730202-11559 at Rye ($2/$4 Triple Draw 2-7)