PDA

View Full Version : best fruit

marbles
12-12-2002, 05:03 PM
I seriously doubt I'll get any responses on this one, but it has to be said.

The clementine orange has got to be the best dang fruit there is. It's one of the few really good features of wintertime, and you can buy 'em by the crate!

Clarkmeister
12-12-2002, 07:03 PM
Give me a fresh off the tree ripe Peach anyday.

brad
12-12-2002, 07:33 PM
can you order them online?

Ray Zee
12-12-2002, 08:51 PM
my favorite fruit is SPM

next is tomato
then its banana
then its mango
then-papaya,then asian pears,

never eat a durian fruit unless you like the smell of puck.

RINCON
12-12-2002, 11:48 PM
asian grapes
star fruit
kiwi

RINCON

Ray Zee
12-13-2002, 12:28 AM
rincon, i forgot about star fruit. i eat it all the time in new zealand, its great but looks like it wouldnt be very good. i dont know what asian grapes are but i dont eat any grapes that are not organic as they are sprayed to death. as a matter of fact almost all fruit and veges i eat in are organic. when out i take my chances.

M2d
12-13-2002, 01:14 AM
Waiwii (strawberry guava)
Strawberry papaya from Kauai
apple banana from Kahaluu, HI (it's my hometown's claim to fame in the islands).

patrick dicaprio
12-13-2002, 08:33 AM
i spent my honeymoon in hawaii two years ago and i would say almost every fruit i ate was great. i got addicted to guava juice and guava when i was ther. mmmmmmmm.

Pat

MMMMMM
12-13-2002, 09:09 AM
Yes, they're quite good.

What are your feelings about kiwi fruits and kumquats? I like kiwis, but haven't had kumquats since childhood--in fact I had largely forgotten about them--but I now recall the tangy tartness and rich citrus burst as we crunched them down whole.

marbles
12-13-2002, 11:09 AM
I see star fruits at the supermarket all the time, but have never mustered the courage. How do you even eat those things? Do you have to peel them, or can you just bite in like an apple?

marbles
12-13-2002, 11:12 AM
Kiwi fruits are good, but only in moderation. One of the great things about clementines is that you can eat like 4 or 5 in a sitting... I can't say the same for kiwi.

I can't believe how many responses this post got.

marbles
12-13-2002, 11:14 AM
Nothing says August like the Glad-Peach festival in tiny Coloma, MI. If you're ever in the neighborhood, I recommend you check it out.

imported_Chuck Weinstock
12-13-2002, 12:27 PM
Cherries

Nectarines

Mangos

Caramel Apples /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Boris
12-13-2002, 01:18 PM
I thought M2D was their claim to fame.

M2d
12-13-2002, 03:49 PM
Boris,
think Montana, with more warmth, less elk and a lower productivity. That's my hometown.

M2d
12-13-2002, 03:51 PM
peel them. very nice fruit.

MMMMMM
12-13-2002, 05:14 PM
^

MMMMMM
12-13-2002, 05:16 PM
^

John Cole
12-13-2002, 05:39 PM
I like plums, mmmmmmmm! plums.

John

Thought I'd add another response, Marbles.

IrishHand
12-13-2002, 08:46 PM
Mangos (only in tropics, tend to be flavorless in the US)
Apples (Granny Smith, a bit sour, chopped up and tossed into my waffles - so nice!)
Bananas (given the aforementioned apple treatment into my waffles)
Strawberries (taken for granted, but damn good, also prime candidates for capital wafflement)

And whoever put tomatoes should be smacked. Just because they're 'technically' a fruit doesn't mean they taste nasty and should be thrown in with their vegetable brethren.

RINCON
12-14-2002, 12:40 AM
cut it in half,gorge your tongue in the middle to taste the sweet nectar,then eat like an animal by eating it all,or peel the outer skin off and eat like a girly girl........enjoy!!!!

RINCON /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

SammyB
12-14-2002, 06:52 PM
the smell of puck? Is it a Canadian fruit?

scalf
12-15-2002, 08:04 PM
/forums/images/icons/wink.gif clarkie...

i am withya on peaches....south carolina raises 3-4 times the peaches of georgia, by the way...lol...gl /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Timer
12-16-2002, 06:00 AM
Liberace <font color="red"> </font color>

BruceZ
12-16-2002, 06:06 AM
1. Red rasberries
2. Strawberries
3. Green seedless grapes
4. Plums
5. Granny Smith green apples

Graham
12-16-2002, 03:52 PM
Hard to get excited about blueberries if yu've ever had blackcurrants.
Try 'em if you can find 'em. Tarter and zingier...great!

As a general rule I don't eat much in the way of veggies, but I love to get colour in my diet through fruit. I'd be an orang utan if I had to be another animal.

G

Graham
12-16-2002, 03:57 PM
Alphabetically - I'm not choosing!

Black cherries

Blackcurrants

Mangoes

Peaches

Raspberries. We used to pick them wild as a kid and we'd hunt out the yellow ones...sweeter.

Strawberries - pretty much a given.

rusty JEDI
04-02-2003, 11:01 PM
I was walking through the grocery store today, saw star fruit and remembered this old thread. So i figured i'd give it a try.

Star fruit is not very impressive. It tastes identical to eating peas in the pod. I had really hoped for some exotic tasting fruit, and it was more like a vegetable.

Mark Heide
04-03-2003, 04:22 AM
Ray,

Since when is SPaM a fruit? I have to admit that I didn't know what it was. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

Mark

BruceZ
04-03-2003, 05:08 AM
You dragged this ancient thread up here just for that? /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

rusty JEDI
04-03-2003, 06:37 AM
Yeah, I had to blame someone for me eating that horrible fruit. It really tasted like peas, and i dont like peas too much. I figured it would be a good warning to all others who ever think that fruit looks good.

scalf
04-03-2003, 07:59 AM
/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif we have had ideal, very wet, conditions for peaches, here in ridge country of south carolina...do not setttle for those cardboard calif "peaches"..get a juicy sweet s.c, peach...you'll notice the difference...i guarantee...gl /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

BruceZ
04-03-2003, 08:02 AM
Oh sorry, I didn't see your post. I thought Mark dragged this up just for the spam joke.

Ray Zee
04-03-2003, 02:28 PM
scalf, do they use the effluent that spills into the rivers all the time from those giant hog farms in your area for the tasty peaches. i didnt know people still lived in those areas of carolina. i thought they all left for california and only the new yorkers stayed in hilton head. you are not one of those inbreeds are you, you know with the one eye in the middle of your head.

scalf
04-03-2003, 09:00 PM
ray, people say my (one) eye is cute..lol..gl /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif

Mark Heide
04-03-2003, 10:13 PM
BruceZ,

/forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Ray Zee
04-04-2003, 12:44 AM
you have to remember mark has no life, so he has time to dig up months old threads. he is from chicago area so we cant be to hard on him. why his mayor--daly has just torn up meigs field airport, and used terrorism possibilitys as an excuse for it. as he wanted it gone to put a development there.

Mark Heide
04-04-2003, 07:59 PM
Ray,

I was just ready to log off and I saw your post accusing me of bringing up old posts and having no life. So, I skipped watching the US goverment news, ABC World News, just to respond to your post.

You're probably chewing on some mushrooms listening to your home theater watching some movie. We know you can't think for too long, which is why I recommended a Rambo movie, and since you have complained about SPMs posts being too long and John Cole's movie choices being too artsy.

Anyway, it was the "rusty JEDI" that brought this post to the top, but, I have no beefs with rusty, I thought it was a refreshing post to read, after reading all the garbage about war and politics, and I must have been too busy with my NO LIFE and missed reading it, and I'd thought I would make a joke about your choice of fruit since you are the fruitiest.

I do not live in Chicago, but near it. Chicago is run by the mob, old political cronies, and police that do whatever they want. They replaced all the no parking signs with towing signs, so it you come to Chicago by car, you better park it in one of Daley's new expensive parking lots, or take the chance of getting your car towed. If by chance you get your car towed, you will need proof of car insurance, proof of ownership, and proof that you purchased a Chicago city sticker if you cannot prove you don't live in Chicago. They have cabs waiting to take you to a currency exchange to buy the sticker. What a scam.

Daley's been wanting to close that airport to turn it into another tourist trap to make some more dough.

Anyway, I checked my pulse. My ticker is still working, so I guess I still have a life. I was waiting for an opportunity to prove you wrong. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

I wouldn't trust any food recommendations from someone that likes tufo hot dogs. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

It's time to watch the UK goverment news, BBC World News, see you! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Mark