PDA

View Full Version : Whats the most stupid thing you've ever done while sober?

The Stranger
05-25-2005, 01:35 AM
For me, it would have to be getting hooked on those ifriends pay by the minute webcams.

SmileyEH
05-25-2005, 01:43 AM
Sending an email which could be construed as a death threat to a politician. Oh to be angsty and 15 again.

-SmileyEH

Isura
05-25-2005, 01:52 AM
When I was about 6, my aunt (she was only 14) looked me in a bedroom in my grandmother's house as a joke. I took a baseball bat and bashed the window in the door. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

jayboo
05-25-2005, 02:10 AM
When i was about 13 i saw the movie RAD (bmx bike movie).
I then pulled my bike up on top of the picnic table and got
my family to watch. I road straight off the end, flipped over and broke my nose on the ground. DOH. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif They laughed until they realized we were off to the hospital to
get the old nose repaired.lol It was gggreaaattt. Jay

daryn
05-25-2005, 02:19 AM
almost made baby

ThomB
05-25-2005, 02:21 AM
Read this post

shant
05-25-2005, 02:22 AM
I saw Spice World in the theater on opening night.

Dex
05-25-2005, 02:58 AM
Got married

GrekeHaus
05-25-2005, 02:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I saw Spice World in the theater on opening night.

[/ QUOTE ]

That one's gonna be tough to top.

TimM
05-25-2005, 03:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
For me, it would have to be getting hooked on those ifriends pay by the minute webcams.

[/ QUOTE ]

I almost set a girl up on one of those. It never got off the ground but it would have been a lot of fun if it did. I couldn't imagine who was paying those prices though.

My stupid thing while sober: I lost about 40K in the stock market, from 1999-2001. I would not accept the early losses, so I used credit card checks to make margin calls. It took me about 3 years to pay it all back. When I look through old papers and stuff, it's hard to believe I am the same person who did that.

Do I win?

The Stranger
05-25-2005, 03:10 AM
so you want to win dumbest move of all OOTiots without alcohol to blame? That in and of itself must be dumb enough to win. You win.

TimM
05-25-2005, 03:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
so you want to win dumbest move of all OOTiots without alcohol to blame? That in and of itself must be dumb enough to win. You win.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool, thanks!

shant
05-25-2005, 03:14 AM
Wow, I thought I had it.

The Stranger
05-25-2005, 03:17 AM
I saw an advance screening of Sugar and Spice. Can't say I was sober though. There's not enough drugs in the world to make that movie watchable. Still haven't seen Spice World though. Keep meaning to get around to it.

Was the sucktitude of the movie what made it a stupid move, or all the teenie boppers you were watching it with?

shant
05-25-2005, 03:25 AM
The suckitude of the movie. For some reason I thought the big-breasted Spice was going to be topless in the movie. Now that I think about it, I must've been drunk.

jason_t
05-25-2005, 03:26 AM
I was sober.

rmarotti
05-25-2005, 03:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I was sober.

[/ QUOTE ]

thread over.

New001
05-25-2005, 05:51 AM
I read this thread.

Edit: Bah. Fine, I not only read this thread, but cared about responding to it enough that I edited it after seeing somebody beat me.

scotty34
05-25-2005, 05:54 AM
You would get much more interesting reponses if you took out the "while sober" part.

Jack of Arcades
05-25-2005, 05:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
almost made baby

[/ QUOTE ]

rmarotti
05-25-2005, 05:58 AM
Hence:

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I was sober.

[/ QUOTE ]

thread over.

[/ QUOTE ]

WackityWhiz
05-25-2005, 06:14 AM
When I was 14, I got my first computer. It came with a scanner so, me being the smarty that I am, decided to print of 20 dollar bills and go to kmart with them.

me and a buddy of mine printed off the bills (btw, it's hard to get them so it's even front and back). We did this the night before the 'job'. We laid in my room thinking of what we were gonna buy with all these twenties.

Well, we had the money ready to go the next morning but as we're walking to kmart we realize that we didn't cut the money close enough. So we go inside and use real money and buy a pair of scissors. Then we go outside and sit on a hill right next to kmart and cut the money so it looks better.

We weren't sure what we were gonna buy, so my friend suggested this box of basketball cards. It was like 34 bucks. Now this money felt like paper, and it really didn't look right either, iuno what we were thinking. There were 2 checkout lanes open (a young kid and an old lady) We chose the young kid for some reason. My buddy is behind me in line.

I put the box of cards on the belt thingy and get ready for the moment of truth. He says "34.something" and I hand him 2 fake twenties. I had just gotten paid from my [censored] bus boy job at some lil cafeteria so i had prob 80 bucks in my wallet of real cash. I decide to hand him 2 fake instead of 1 fake and 1 real. Not really sure if it woulda mattered. The kid looks at the money and then shows another clerk. At this point I know i'm [censored]. My friend had already realized that and had backed up and went to another line and bought tictacs and left the store.

So there I am, a 14 year old kid paying for basketball cards with fake 20's. The kid goes "this is fake"... thinking on my feet I go "what, i just got these from the bank!"

So i whip out my wallet and flash my 4 real twenties to him. I said "here, are these fake?" and he looks at all of them and says no. I go, "here" and I gave him 2 real twenties. I ask for the 2 fake ones back and he said that he has to keep them.

After I bitch out my friend for leaving me there, we go home and split up the basketball cards. To this day I haven't received his half of the money, even tho he got half the cards.

Not really sure what we were thinking, but I'm lucky I didn't get into any kind of trouble.

ahhhh lesson learned.

Blarg
05-25-2005, 06:41 AM
Went to an armed gangfight to back up my stupid brother, knowing we, and our friend with us, were vastly outnumbered and it was basically just pointless suicide. It wasn't his fault that the whole thing started, but he didn't have to keep things going until they reached crisis level. Luckily it never actually went down, because the police found out somehow and were swarming all over the meeting area, intercepting everyone. We threw our weapons in the bushes, the cops found them, but no charges were ever filed, probably because the people involved belonged to the biggest organized crime leader in the state.

Some freaky and scary things happened afterward, but we got lucky and eventually it all blew over.

The Stranger
05-25-2005, 09:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You would get much more interesting reponses if you took out the "while sober" part.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, but I made this thread to parallel the "Whats the most stupid thing you have ever done while drunk?" thread.

jakethebake
05-25-2005, 09:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
almost made baby

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm... I made two and it's by far the best thing i've ever done. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

chaas4747
05-25-2005, 10:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Got married

[/ QUOTE ]

Then divorced. I guess that would be one of the smartest things I have ever done.

bogey
05-25-2005, 11:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
my family to watch. I road straight off the end, flipped over and broke my nose on the ground. DOH. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif They laughed until they realized we were off to the hospital to

[/ QUOTE ]

what kind of family do you have that would let you do that?

Pocket Trips
05-25-2005, 11:14 AM
The kind that enjoys watching thier kids make fools of themselves? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

jakethebake
05-25-2005, 11:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What's your point? I don't see why jumping your bike off a picnic table would be that big a deal.

whiskeytown
05-25-2005, 11:24 AM
started drinking.

RB

chaas4747
05-25-2005, 11:25 AM
Maybe with a little FYP it will be clear.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am 13. I saw the movie RAD (bmx bike movie).

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What's your point? I don't see why jumping your bike off a picnic table would be that big a deal.

[/ QUOTE ]

guller
05-25-2005, 11:56 AM
Pulled off the side of the highway near the New River Gourge Bridge in WV. A couple of us climbed the fence and got on the catwalk under the bridge. I decided it would be a good idea to hand over hand climb out on the bridge supports. Nothing but about an 800' drop into the gourge below. Man I still cringe when I think about doing that, stupid.

Dex
05-25-2005, 12:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Got married

[/ QUOTE ]

Then divorced. I guess that would be one of the smartest things I have ever done.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeti
05-25-2005, 12:37 PM
Got drunk.

heavybody
05-25-2005, 12:55 PM
Well....I would have to say that the stupidest thing I ever did while sober was growing marijuana in my backyard in San Jose, Cal. when I was about 23 in 1975. My brother(Clark), a friend, and I shared a home that my mother owned right in the heart of San Jose, and Clark smoked pot, but I didn't. So to reduce the money he was spending on pot I thought it would be a good idea to grow some in the backyard. Neither of them agreed with me however, and they both thought I was nuts. So I planted quite a few seeds and had some pretty big plants going ...not tall mind you but broad, achieved by tying the branches down so they grow outward rather then upward ...anyways to make a long story short just as these puppies were just beginning to bud I was home alone one afternoon when I here a knock on the door and it is a San Jose cop telling me there was a report of marijuana in my backyard. I denied this immediately and he asked if he could come in and take a look see," No way" I said and closed the door. After some thought I decided to just leave and went to my car started to back out of the driveway when a cop car pulled in and blocked my path. Telling me I was not going to be allowed to leave and a search warrant was on the way I invited him in and was arrested for cultivation of marijuanna.

Turns out the "unbudded" plants weighed 75 pounds and I ultimately paid a 1,500.00 fine and no jail on a misdemeanor possesion charge plus my lawyer fee which was 1.500.00 I think Very stupid...yes no?

Yeti
05-25-2005, 01:19 PM
What was your annual wage at the time? $3000 in 1975 sounds like a hell of a lot.

heavybody
05-25-2005, 01:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What was your annual wage at the time? $3000 in 1975 sounds like a hell of a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was a machinist and probably getting 8.00-10.oo dollars an hour. But I don't remember for sure. Yea, it was a lot.

daryljobe777
05-26-2005, 02:28 AM
Pulled into a gas station, but after opening my door to get out, I realized I pulled too far ahead. Began to back up, forgetting door was still ajar.

Door ends up getting hooked on metal garbage can.

Oops.

shant
05-26-2005, 02:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Pulled into a gas station, but after opening my door to get out, I realized I pulled too far ahead. Began to back up, forgetting door was still ajar.

Door ends up getting hooked on metal garbage can.

Oops.

[/ QUOTE ]
Richard, what'd you do?

Scuba Chuck
05-26-2005, 02:49 AM
I'm confused ...review post.

[ QUOTE ]
Well....I would have to say that the stupidest thing I ever did while sober was growing marijuana in my backyard in San Jose, Cal. when I was about 23 in 1975. My brother(Clark), a friend, and I shared a home that my mother owned right in the heart of San Jose, and Clark smoked pot, but I didn't. So to reduce the money he was spending on pot I thought it would be a good idea to grow some in the backyard. Neither of them agreed with me however, and they both thought I was nuts. So I planted quite a few seeds and had some pretty big plants going ...not tall mind you but broad, achieved by tying the branches down so they grow outward rather then upward ...anyways to make a long story short just as these puppies were just beginning to bud I was home alone one afternoon when I here a knock on the door and it is a San Jose cop telling me there was a report of marijuana in my backyard. I denied this immediately and he asked if he could come in and take a look see," No way" I said and closed the door. After some thought I decided to just leave and went to my car started to back out of the driveway when a cop car pulled in and blocked my path. Telling me I was not going to be allowed to leave and a search warrant was on the way I invited him in and was arrested for cultivation of marijuanna.

Turns out the "unbudded" plants weighed 75 pounds and I ultimately paid a 1,500.00 fine and no jail on a misdemeanor possesion charge plus my lawyer fee which was 1.500.00 I think Very stupid...yes no?

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you see where I'm going? 75 pounds! Just think how different your life would be now if you had not gotten busted for 75 pounds of that [censored]. Did you ever see the movie Blow?

heavybody
05-26-2005, 01:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm confused ...review post.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you see where I'm going? 75 pounds! Just think how different your life would be now if you had not gotten busted for 75 pounds of that [censored]. Did you ever see the movie Blow?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know how things would be if I hadn't got busted other than my brother and I would have a few lbs. of good bud,some to sell but most of it would have been smoked by Clark and his friends. By the way that 75 lb. figure includes roots and all so actual yield of good bud would have been far less...how much less, I don't know.

No I have not seen "Blow" is it any good?