PDA

View Full Version : Bad Bush Nomination In My Opinion

adios
12-12-2002, 04:38 PM
The nomination of William Donaldson as the new SEC chairman is horrible methinks. The investment community doesn't need an investment banker, Wall Street insider, and someone who had a controversial tenure as president of the NYSE as their advocate. Bush doesn't get it or doesn't care IMO.

Clarkmeister
12-12-2002, 07:29 PM
"Bush doesn't get it or doesn't care...."

....or doesn't want change.

brad
12-12-2002, 07:31 PM
same nyse chairman who was photographed visiting with the farc leadership in columbia?

Glenn
12-12-2002, 07:43 PM
I don't know too much about Donaldson, but who else is qualified besides an "insider"? I'm sure that there's tons of armchair quarterbacks who think they could do better but I doubt most of them know how things really work. So while you may be right that Donaldson is a bad choice, I don't think the fact that he has experience in the industry makes him a worse than someone who has no idea what goes on.

brad
12-13-2002, 06:04 PM
also like bush he is member of order of death. (skull and bones at yale)

im reassured.

i mean its not like they go worship a big stone owl (molak (sp?) from the bible, leviticus (sp?) ) outside san fransisco every year at bohemian grove where they admit they make mock human sacrifices. (just because a lot of dead kids are found nearby, i mean, gee i almost tripped over a shallow grave yesterday on my way home from work ...)