PDA

View Full Version : On the bubble, I have no stack, but neither does the guy next to me

pergesu
05-25-2005, 12:07 AM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t400 (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

BB (t550)
UTG (t1850)
Button (t5385)
Hero (t215)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to t800</font>

Do I call and hope to double up? Or fold and let this other guy post two blinds in a row?

Maulik
05-25-2005, 12:08 AM
A10o isn't bad, I'd take my chances here, if he wins one of his two hands you may have to take a gamble with lousier cards

runner4life7
05-25-2005, 12:10 AM
If you fold the other guy will probably call for the 150 more unless he has a really bad hand, and if you call he will most likely fold. So in one aspect you are going to get some pretty nice odds on this call for 15 more chips and i am willing to bet the button doesnt have you beat and this is a bet to exploit the small stacks. I think I would call not sure if its right, but if the BB does win the hand you are a for sure 4th.

Hiding
05-25-2005, 12:11 AM
I say button raises any two, you have ATo 4 handed, call it.

bluefeet
05-25-2005, 12:14 AM
hmmmm...looks like 'other guy' is BB now. true? chips after posting i gather? if so your short pal will still have T350 after folding here and post/folding SB next. and guess who gets it first next time around? looks like a classic battle of who HAS to call next!

your hope w/folding is that he calls. he ain't. AT is quite a gift in a must call situation. double up here...you survive the next orbit, he doesn't. or better yet...you double up and put HIM in next hand /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[correct me if i'm wrong on the board read - i usually expect those chips to reflect pre-posting]

runner4life7
05-25-2005, 12:17 AM
I could be wrong but I think if BB folds this hand he has 150 left and would be all in next hand.

adanthar
05-25-2005, 12:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I could be wrong but I think if BB folds this hand he has 150 left and would be all in next hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

You aren't wrong, which is why this is an autofold.

runner4life7
05-25-2005, 12:27 AM
Yeah this is probably a leak of mine on the bubble, I just hate folding this here and then seeing him win this hand or the next and knowing I'm pretty much gone for sure with 15 chips left.

durron597
05-25-2005, 12:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You aren't wrong, which is why this is an autofold.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's the worst hand you call here?

lastchance
05-25-2005, 12:32 AM
I think I fold AA here.

You've only got t215 left, so winning doesn't really help at all. If BB wins, you're screwed whether you have t15 or t430.

adanthar
05-25-2005, 12:35 AM
Folding AA is bad since if you win you are tripling up and kinda sorta playing for second, maybe. KK is close, QQ is closer, I definitely fold jacks/AK.

runner4life7
05-25-2005, 12:36 AM
no way im folding AA here or even QQ for that matter, when and if you win this hand you will have 645 i believe, and I've seen crazy comebacks than that, but anything less than A10 i think i drop it like its hot.

bluefeet
05-25-2005, 12:36 AM
oh, EYE get it now! these ARE pre-post chips. the "other guy post two blinds in a row?" is referring to THIS one + SB next (I'm getting old).

T15 chips left?!??!! you broke ass _____ /images/graemlins/grin.gif

yeah...i'm changing my vote. they're gonna have to pry my last two chips out of my rigamortous-ly tight dead hands. i'm sending all sorts of nasty-vibe voodoo [censored] to my short friend.

lastchance
05-25-2005, 12:38 AM
Yep, you guys are both right. I did some bad math. Tripling up is a helluva lot better than doubling up here. t630 is good enough to call, plus you're taking a chunk out of BB's stack.

Scuba Chuck
05-25-2005, 12:39 AM
Well, you can throw your "play for first" mentality out the window. PLAY FOR THIRD.

runner4life7
05-25-2005, 12:40 AM
and I think my play for third is why I call here regardless. Because if the button is pushing any 2 that gives the bb too good of a chance to win IMO.

pergesu
05-25-2005, 12:46 AM
I folded here, and wasn't at all sure whether it was right or not.

One of my leaks that people have pointed out to me is that I make loose calls on the bubble and ITM, when those calls can bust or cripple me. I thought that folding would give me the best shot of crawling my way into 3rd here.

I'm also stuck 30 buyins over the last three days, so I don't know if I'm fixing anything, and I definitely can't say I'm all that confident in my play at the moment. This is some character builder.

lastchance
05-25-2005, 01:12 AM
But BB has to call any 2 if Button is pushing any 2. You're not getting a better than 50% chance at third by calling.

runner4life7
05-25-2005, 01:20 AM
I think you might be getting a better chance than 50% or at least better than what the BB gets with the assumption that you have a better hand than the BB. Lets so you have a 60% chance of beating the button with A10 and the BB has a 53% chance, you call win 60% of the time, and then he will most often be gone next hand (most often I dont know hot to calculate) If you fold and he wins his 53% of the time you lose 47% of the time assuming the people at the table have 2 brain cells. I think you might actually increase your odds at 3rd by a little bit and then definately increase chances at 2nd and 1st, even though thats really small, makes for a tie breaker i think if they %s are close for taking 3rd.

lastchance
05-25-2005, 01:42 AM
BB gets 5:1 on the side pot, and helps you go broke in the main pot. BB's stupid if he folds this, ever. BB needs to call here, which is why AT is the easiest laydown in the world. If you don't have an overpair to both BB and Button, you should fold. If Button's raising any 2, BB is going to call any 2, which means a 50% chance to win for BB, no more. In fact, since BB calls with any 2, I think button can't raise the worst hands, which means BB gets lower than 50%.

You've got to assume he calls, which means you definitely become 4th over 50% of the time. You need an overpair to call here.