PDA

View Full Version : Not sure about this lay down

Losfer
05-24-2005, 10:47 PM
Both oppenents were playing almost every hand. UTG+1 had not been very aggresive. CO played passive usually, but would get very aggresive ocasionaly with weak hands.

When I was bet into on the turn, after raising the flop, I thought for sure I was up against two pair or a made straight. Plus the flush is out there. It just seems like there are so many hands that could be me.

I'm not prone to making lay downs (actually I think I might not lay down enough), but am I seeing monsters here?

thanks,
Deryl

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (6.75 BB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero folds, CO calls.

River: (8.75 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, CO calls.

Final Pot: 10.75 BB

MrWookie47
05-24-2005, 11:00 PM
Weak sauce, duder. You gotta at least call this down. It's probably 8x that was emboldened by the fact that no paint fell.

irishpint
05-24-2005, 11:22 PM
i dont mind the lay down. set, straight, flush, 2 pair, etc. especially against 2 i dont think you're good here. u raised and he bet into you again, what does he think about your raise?

topspin
05-24-2005, 11:24 PM
I'm calling this down from the turn. You'll see this play all the time from an 8 or even a small pocket pair assuming you have big overcards and wanting to deny you a free turn card. If CO wakes up or BB check-raises the turn it's a different story, but given this action I'm not ready to believe him just yet.

[ QUOTE ]
When I was bet into on the turn, after raising the flop, I thought for sure I was up against two pair or a made straight.

[/ QUOTE ]

You beat two pair now that the board is paired.

Why would a made straight call your flop raise and then lead the turn? He's either 3-betting you on the flop or (if he has FPS) check-raising the turn.

cmwck
05-24-2005, 11:34 PM
I would call down. UTG might have only top pair, and be betting his "improved" two pair on the turn.

Another option is to call the flop and raise the turn if it's safe.

Losfer
05-24-2005, 11:38 PM
Thanks for your great explanation (and for pointing out my inability to read a board).

In general, would you say one should rarley (or maybe never) fold QQ on the turn when there are no A's or K's on the board? I ask this, because I can't think of a scarier turn board.

Losfer
05-24-2005, 11:40 PM
If you call the flop, what are you doing when the 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif comes on the turn?

Duerig
05-24-2005, 11:41 PM
I would see a showdown unless this starts to get really expensive.