PDA

View Full Version : more thoughts

09-14-2001, 11:39 AM
It seems to me that the millions who hate us must do so for some justifiable reason and we do need to address our thinking and actions along those lines. It doesn't make sense to bomb away at anyone who we perceive can possibly be sympathetic. That entirely aside ,the real reason we need to take action is not revenge or to make us feel better, which always helps for the short term, but to make sure this persistent threat won't continue on. So whatever it takes we must end the future chances of recurrences.

In the end it will create a world type war or will create a world peace depending on the way it teeters on the fenceline. Let us hope for the peace

09-14-2001, 12:17 PM
They beat us at our own game on our own playing field for that day. No matter how you feel about what took place you can't ignore the MONEY part of this game. Follow the money and that will lead you to the players of this viscious game. Flight school in FLA, tickets paid in cash, etc. Whatever happens FREEDOM is costly and we will lose some more because of this action. Unlimited money in the wrong hands is very dangerous as proven tuesday.

Money is the root of all evil! How many years ago was that spoken and how does it apply today.

Peace will come but at what COST!

09-14-2001, 01:18 PM
Money is not the root of all evil. The love of money is the root of all evil. For if money was the root of all evil, the Catholic Church has a lot to answer for.

09-14-2001, 01:24 PM
We have to make it painfully clear that any attack on us or our allies will result in repercussions a hundred fold worse. We must take the incentive away to do terror. You kill 5,000 of us we wipe out your entire sect. You destroy one building we destroy a country. Certainly there will be lots of innocent casualties. Hiroshima, Nagasaki, Dresden, Pearl harbor, London, Berlin, St Petersburg all had innocent casualties.

We will have more casualties. there will be more attacks on us. This is war. Our way of life is at stake and we must do everything to prevent it from being eroded. many will die and many other sacrifices will be made. But at the end of it all there will be a world of peaceful nations. What's that worth.

09-14-2001, 01:43 PM

09-14-2001, 01:46 PM

09-14-2001, 01:57 PM
"We must take the incentive away to do terror."

I agree, but the method you describe does quite the opposite. One of the primary goals of these fanatics is to promote world war and instability. Your method plays right into their hands.

09-14-2001, 02:06 PM
You made the same distiction I was going to mention.

BTW, the Catholic Church does have a lot to answer for.

09-14-2001, 04:04 PM

09-14-2001, 04:09 PM
Perhaps they would like to promote world war and instability but I do not see how an overpowering show of brute force which eliminates known terrorists and terrorist orgainizations plays right into their hands. Perhaps they are not afraid to die but I believe given their druthers they'd prefer to stay alive to wreak more havoc.

Saddam Hussein wants to stay in power. Khadafy wants to stay in power. The Taliban want to stay in power. When it is clear they either cooperate or they are permanently removed from power (once a few governments are made an example of) you'd be surprised what kinbd of cooperation the US can extract.

09-14-2001, 04:59 PM
.."the real reason we need to take action.."

Military action? If so, I disagree. The 70 cruise missiles we suposedly 'needed' to send to Osama's 3 training camps on August 20, 1998, and another 12 to Sedan, didn't do much to "end future chances of recurrences," did it? Even though Clinton was sure it would. It only fueled their resolve to defend Islam against what they view as evil, the United States. The time for bombing is over, let's talk.

09-14-2001, 06:34 PM
About what?

09-14-2001, 10:27 PM
"About what?"

Yo Mama, what else?

09-15-2001, 03:27 AM
Bravo.

(Poker metaphors could abound here but it's best I let Ray Zee's succinct, no-nonsense commentary stand on its own.)

09-15-2001, 05:10 AM
And to whom do we talk? Have any of these terrorists attempted to achieve their supposed aims through diplomacy?

09-16-2001, 11:49 PM
This is one of the reasons so many countries hate Americans.

"Do what I say or I will kill you and put a puppet in power!"