PDA

View Full Version : Question: Check Raising the Turn

imashyboi
05-24-2005, 09:49 PM
I have a question regarding when to make a check raise on the turn when there are 2 other players in the pot. I sometimes check raise the turn with a second pair and would wonder if betting out on the river is a correct play when my opponent calls or would checking be a better play since I'm probably folding the river if I get checked raised.

Do you need to have position to fire out again on the river when your opponent calls the raise or should you fire out anyways?

Can anyone give me some guidelines on the turn play. What players should you check raise on the turn with a over card on the flop when your olding the 2nd pair or a small PP. I've been reading the treads 2+2 and felt that people check raise the turn alot more against a player who's capable of folding bigger hands(thinking players as well).

How do you spot thinking players in a ring game or players who is willing to fold a bigger hand. I have hard time reading these players since I'm not sure what they're calling with sometimes, either they're on a draw or already has a hand.

Also, how often does players c/r the turn when its heads up or when your defending the blind from a CO, button, or SB raise.

CardSharpCook
09-10-2005, 02:34 PM
Again, you gotta pick on the players with tight stats. 15/10 type players are very capable of folding top pair, or even an overpair to a good check raise. If your chk/raise gets called, it probably means he doesn't have top pair, cause if he did, he'd raise. You can go ahead and bet the river too.

CSC