PDA

View Full Version : I need to practice table selection, another HU blinds hand

thesharpie
05-24-2005, 09:45 PM
Villain is 9/0 over 25 or so hands.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 max, 9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">7 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4 SB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks.

River: (4 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks.

Final Pot: 4 BB

The flop call is questionable, but I think I have enough outs with the weak backdoor draws to make up for it with implied odds. The 6s could even be good, although I doubt I'd continue on the turn if bet into if I caught a 6. It should also discourage people from raising me on the flop with weak hands.

Once he checks the turn through I feel he might be inducing a bluff/also preventing a checkraise. Is it worth leading the river?

thesharpie
05-25-2005, 05:44 AM
Boo.
I can only see 3 threads with no replies in the last 100 threads in micro limit and 2 of them are mine, the last ones I created. /images/graemlins/frown.gif Oh well, they are both kind of off topic but this situation still occurs in micro limit.

So here's a bumpy reply so I don't feel lonely. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

toss
05-25-2005, 06:15 AM
I'd definitely fold the flop if not PF.

moot
05-25-2005, 06:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd definitely fold the flop if not PF.

[/ QUOTE ]

thesharpie
05-25-2005, 06:56 AM
I agree the flop call is iffy. But you guys don't raise this against a 9% VP$IP? I'd raise anything here if I had a good enough read he'd let me have it more often than not. Q6o being slightly worse than an average computer hand is an easy raise IMO.

toss
05-25-2005, 06:58 AM
Well its over 25 hands and even most rocks will change their play when its gets folded to the SB. I'm not saying PF is wrong, but its not something I would try. I would defintely fold the flop though.

moot
05-25-2005, 07:00 AM
Haha, I was just about to edit my post.

Yeah, I think the preflop raise is fine (missed his stats). But my God why are you calling the raise on the flop. He's tight passive, and he raised you. You probably have 2-3 outs at best and that's very generous. Fold, the hell with table image it isn't particularly significant for online, and it also refers to "when it is otherwise close, avoid folding for one bet."

This is not close. Fold the flop to a raise. I don't mind the bet out since he's tight and passive and will probably just fold but calling his raise is pretty bad.

thesharpie
05-25-2005, 07:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Haha, I was just about to edit my post.

Yeah, I think the preflop raise is fine (missed his stats). But my God why are you calling the raise on the flop. He's tight passive, and he raised you. You probably have 2-3 outs at best and that's very generous. Fold, the hell with table image it isn't particularly significant for online, and it also refers to "when it is otherwise close, avoid folding for one bet."

This is not close. Fold the flop to a raise. I don't mind the bet out since he's tight and passive and will probably just fold but calling his raise is pretty bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it is pretty close. I count ~4.5 outs with my couple of BD gutshots.

Edit: Nevermind I counted 2 BD gutshots and that's too much. How many BD outs would you say I have here?

aK13
05-25-2005, 07:15 AM
I'd bluff the river here.

I also choose my blindstealing hands in the SB much tighter than I do on the button (because OOP blows), so I probably would have just mucked it.

moot
05-25-2005, 07:20 AM
Actually I didn't notice the fact that you basically have 2 backdoor straights, each with a gap...

So I guess I'd count each as an out (not sure if that's totally mathematically correct, but it's not far off).

2 outs, plus the Q outs might be worth 1 or 1.5 (if he's only raising us with a J, and not 2 pair or a set or mabye some slowplayed monster).

I'll give this 3 outs. We're getting 1 to 7. He's passive so if we make our miracle straight we probably won't make a ton, because he's not the type to jam. So maybe we're getting 1 to 9 implied or so (it's hard to put an exact number on this). With 3 outs we need 1 to 14. I don't think this is close enough.

I'd fold to the raise.

moot
05-25-2005, 07:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd bluff the river here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't. I'd guess he had top pair, thought you were betting medium, so he checks behind when the second 7 comes because he's passive and sees the scary check-raise monster. You're first to act on the river and he's almost defintely gonna call you if you bet. Looking back seeing that he checked the end it might have been an okay idea to bet, but we didn't know that at the time (when we were first to act on the river).

I think you're basing your decision to bluff on info we didn't have at the time.

Sarge85
05-25-2005, 10:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">7 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

Blind Stealing isn't where you make your money in Low Limit Hold'em

You make money on their mistakes.

There are going to be a lot of other opportunities. Fold PF, next hand please. (I don't even think your hand is above average....)

Sarge/images/graemlins/diamond.gif