PDA

View Full Version : game change as limit changes

cfjr2
05-24-2005, 09:34 PM
i've been playing 0.5 /1 at party and was wondering what kind of changes do you see going to 1/2 2/4 3/6,etc?

shadow29
05-24-2005, 10:17 PM
1/2 is generally a bit tighter than .5/1. Less complete morons, too. That said, it's easily beatable for 3+ BB/100.

1/2 6max is everything that 1/2 is not. Idiots galore, hyper aggression, silly calldowns. Essentially a goldmine. I am fairly confident that it is beatable for 5+ BB/100.

2/4 is a bit tighter than .5/1, but not much. Here you'll see some more bluffing when scare cards hit. The opponents play much better postflop than their .5/1 counterparts. But they're still donkeys. Hand reading is a lot easier here than at .5/1, however. And that makes it an easier limit, imo. There are some ridiculous players here, and they make it worthwhile. I'm talking like 70/20 type players. Seek them out, ignore the TAGs and profit. A note about the TAGs: they generally suck post flop. They've got the pf stuff down, but do weird stuff like cap flush draws heads up or odd things like that.

Don't know about 3/6, but I think it's tougher than 2/4. The blind structure forces a tighter SB strategy and there are more TAGgish opponents, making it a tougher game.