PDA

View Full Version : $55s - Easy Shove Right?

Unarmed
05-24-2005, 09:30 PM
Pretty sure the whole table was raised on a farm. Haven't seen these guys limp big hands.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

UTG (t3565)
MP (t2784)
Button (t1725)
Hero (t1580)
BB (t346)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls t200, MP calls t200, Button folds.

Nottom
05-24-2005, 10:50 PM
I don't like pushing because the BB is so shortstacked hes gonna call you most of the time. Granted you will be getting good odds against him heads up if you force out the others, but its also going to hurt your folding equity at a time when you would like peple to fold since your hand will almost certainly see a showdown.

Harv72b
05-24-2005, 11:11 PM
That's what I was thinking (but didn't wanna say first cuz I suck at endgame /images/graemlins/grin.gif).

Does wanting to knock BB out on this hand affect the decision-making process at all? I.E., it's nice to do it yourself HU (if possible; JTs ain't such a great HU hand), but would it be preferable to keep the other two in the hand to increase the odds of BB losing? Or is that a non-factor here, because Hero's not on the bubble yet & if someone else besides BB wins the hand Hero becomes the short stack?