PDA

View Full Version : SNG Summary txt files, empire bumbling

Voltron87
05-24-2005, 09:16 PM
ok, I had 4 empire SNG summaries sent to an email address which blocks spam (academic), so I couldn't get them. I switched my email address to something which could get them, but 4 of the summaries were blocked and lost. I email empire, they say they can't send them, I say "are you sure" they so oh we can, and send me one long word file with the 4 summaries. What's my play here? I can't just have cut and paste to one email sent to my gmail account and have PT "check POP3" (that is my method right now), will sending 4 as one screw things up?

And there isn't any problem having summaries sent to one email, forwarded to gmail, then checked from there, I assume?

Phil Van Sexton
05-24-2005, 09:21 PM
Cut and paste into 4 text files and import the files directly into PT. You don't have to import from email.

Voltron87
05-24-2005, 09:23 PM
Do they have to be 4 seperate txt files? Do I need to title them or does pt work its magic and sort it?

Phil Van Sexton
05-24-2005, 09:28 PM
File name doesn't matter.

I'd be suprised if you could put them all in the same file.

Phil Van Sexton
05-24-2005, 09:30 PM
btw - The one time I asked, they sent it in a Word file too. It was like 400k for 1 tournament. What is wrong with these people?

Voltron87
05-24-2005, 09:30 PM
allright, sounds good. ive starting keeping diligent pt stats, and I just love doing an import after I've been winning. it feels good.

maddog2030
05-24-2005, 10:32 PM
I had a similar problem with Empire. I just moved to them yesterday for rakeback.

Anyway, for some reason my last set of cash games didn't record my handhistories even though the settings are definitely correct. I played about 400-500 hands, so I wanted to make sure I got them all. I email them telling them I just want the hand histories for my account from yesterday. They tell me that it's not enough information because "thousands of hands are played everday." I give them table numbers and the time of day I played, and they send me back a history of just 1 of the tables and say there's too much data to send them all. Attached is a word file of a hand history with everyone's cards during the time period. And there's some extra metadata on all the lines of the hand history so I can't have PT easily import it. What a headache.

If I can request my last 100 hands to be emailed, I don't see why people with full access to the system can't just request my last 500 hands.

Taraz
05-25-2005, 05:18 AM
If you put them all in one text file it will work, but there will be problems and misreads about 25% of the time.

viennagreen
05-25-2005, 07:49 AM
trying it as one file would be an interesting experiment though--- it might work, as each individual hand identifies what tournament it is a part of:

***** Hand History for Game 210195XXXX *****
100/200 TourneyTexasHTGameTable (NL) (Tournament 1250XXXXX)