PDA

View Full Version : Raymer interview - what was the story with Dutch Boyd being a crook?

Master5hake
05-24-2005, 07:55 PM
anyone have the story concerning Dutch Boyd trashing Raymer - and why did Raymer call him a crook?

BISCO
05-24-2005, 08:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
anyone have the story concerning Dutch Boyd trashing Raymer - and why did Raymer call him a crook?

[/ QUOTE ]

search here or google for "pokerspot"

boyd ran an online card room a few years back that tanked, and he ran off with the cash and [censored] over a lot of people for a LOT of money.

deacsoft
05-25-2005, 02:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
anyone have the story concerning Dutch Boyd trashing Raymer

[/ QUOTE ]
Boyd's side of it can be found somewhere in his blog located here. (http://www.dutchboyd.com/blog/blog.html)

[ QUOTE ]
and why did Raymer call him a crook?

[/ QUOTE ]
Mr. Raymer did not call him a crook. He said he would have but decided to just ignor him.

deacsoft
05-25-2005, 02:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
he ran off with the cash and [censored] over a lot of people for a LOT of money.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not confirmed. It is only alleged that he "ran off with the cash". It may even be popular opinion that this took place. However, it is not fact.

I'm not taking sides on the issue. I'm simply trying to be fair to Mr. Boyd.

MasterShake
05-25-2005, 08:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

IMPOSTER!!!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

phish
05-26-2005, 09:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
he ran off with the cash and [censored] over a lot of people for a LOT of money.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not confirmed. It is only alleged that he "ran off with the cash". It may even be popular opinion that this took place. However, it is not fact.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are simply too many sleazy stories about this guy floating around for it all to be false. Where there's smoke, there's fire. His excuse about PokerSpot doesn't ring true.

jedi
05-26-2005, 12:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There are simply too many sleazy stories about this guy floating around for it all to be false. Where there's smoke, there's fire. His excuse about PokerSpot doesn't ring true.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, what are the facts? He ran pokerspot.com. It didn't do well. He didn't return any money to depositors on the site.

Where did the money go? Who else could run off with it if not him? If anyone should be losing money, it should be the investors, not the people depositing money on his site. From what I know of the situation, he has been less than forthcoming on what really happened. If it was just a failed business venture, then he should be upfront about it.

deacsoft
05-27-2005, 01:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Where did the money go? Who else could run off with it if not him?

[/ QUOTE ]

Mr. Boyd's side of that story can be found here... LINK (http://www.rakefree.com/faq.htm)

tipperdog
05-27-2005, 12:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

search here or google for "pokerspot"

boyd ran an online card room a few years back that tanked, and he ran off with the cash and [censored] over a lot of people for a LOT of money.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's beyond dispute is that Dutch ran pokerspot and when it ran into huge trouble, he repeatedly misled depositors about the status of their cash-out requests. He is a liar and an idiot who cost many people a lot of money. Whether he's a thief in addition isn't quite clear. But how much does it matter?

jedi
05-27-2005, 02:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Where did the money go? Who else could run off with it if not him?

[/ QUOTE ]

Mr. Boyd's side of that story can be found here... LINK (http://www.rakefree.com/faq.htm)

[/ QUOTE ]

So why wasn't he upfront about it?

deacsoft
05-27-2005, 02:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So why wasn't he upfront about it?

[/ QUOTE ]

You'd have to ask him. I'm not his biographer.

SevenSuited
06-05-2005, 03:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
and why did Raymer call him a crook?

[/ QUOTE ]
Mr. Raymer did not call him a crook. He said he would have but decided to just ignor him.

[/ QUOTE ]
He did call him a crook in the interview.

JC_Saves
06-15-2005, 12:18 AM
The funds deposited by players are sacred, and should always be there, It is like your pension account when the CEO raids it and you get screwed. He used the funds for overhead and that was the crooked part of it.

RedManPlus
06-17-2005, 05:50 PM
There's a major article...
About about him and his Crew...
In the current Rolling Stone.

Frankly...
He comes off as a crook...
And people like him give poker a bad name.

The money quote from ex-friend Brett Jungblut,
"I don't know why I didn't see...
That Dutch is basically a con artist."

It's a fact...
That in the last few months...
He ran pokerspot.com as a Ponzi scheme...
Paying off players with new deposits.

If this had happened in US or Europe...
He would be in jail right now.

If you can't see through a guy like Dutch Boyd...
In 5 minutes...
(Just go read his hilarious con job web site)...
Then you need to take a course in Life 101.

rm+