PDA

View Full Version : What does it mean if I can only win multi-tabling?

KSOT
05-24-2005, 06:35 PM
Has anyone else ever experienced this? If I do three tables at once I come out ahead more often than not. Not only that, but I usually post substantial wins/losses on different tables.

But when I try to focus on just one table I either barely come out ahead or lose big. I feel like I play the same way, but maybe I'm not folding enough on single tables because the premium hands don't come often enough. I really don't know what it is. I get hit with one terrible beat and it takes like 5 big pocket pairs to work my way back up to my buy-in. Could it just be coincidence? Has anyone else ever experienced this?

istewart
05-24-2005, 06:36 PM
ADD?

KSOT
05-24-2005, 06:37 PM
LOL yeah, but how does that come into play here?

milesdyson
05-24-2005, 06:37 PM
It means you're drawing the wrong conclusion. I suspect you have purchased a "Jump To Conclusions" mat recently.

Variance, sample size, blah blah blah.

deception5
05-24-2005, 06:38 PM
I know someone who has exactly the same problem. When he's playing 1 table he'll limp in with all sorts of garbage because he gets bored. Either that or you were just unlucky and noticed it more than you would if you had 2 other tables which were up.

KSOT
05-24-2005, 06:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I know someone who has exactly the same problem. When he's playing 1 table he'll limp in with all sorts of garbage because he gets bored. Either that or you were just unlucky and noticed it more than you would if you had 2 other tables which were up.

[/ QUOTE ]

I REALLY don't think I'm limping more often than usual, but I think I might be bluffing too often...

I should review my sessions or something.

bozlax
05-24-2005, 06:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Variance, sample size, blah blah blah.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've noticed this, too...and, it's what he said.

toss
05-24-2005, 07:04 PM
I've a confession to make. When I play poker I'm playing on super autopilot mode. I don't bother to take reads, I play 4-6 tables, I sometimes don't even pay attention to what went on before in the hand, and as soon as I call, fold, or raise I go back to 2+2 to read about Microbob's relationship.

Sarge85
05-24-2005, 07:10 PM
Nothing

Sarge/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

aK13
05-24-2005, 07:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It means you're drawing the wrong conclusion. I suspect you have purchased a "Jump To Conclusions" mat recently.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL

matt42s
05-24-2005, 08:53 PM
I noticed the same and originally thought it was just variance but after analysing my play I realised that the more time I had to think about each hand, the more likely I was to make stoopid conclusions about opponents hands based on my inexperienced reads (which pretty much equates to their stats at my level ~ 7k hands).
Basically I was misusing my PT stats. 73%/3%/2.4/400 - no way he's got QQ - reraise. I still have a tendency to do it when on 1 or 2 tables, but it hurts me less now that I'm aware of it.

oreogod
05-24-2005, 08:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Basically I was misusing my PT stats. 73%/3%/2.4/400 - no way he's got QQ - reraise.

[/ QUOTE ]

With those kind of stats and if he raise preflop, I might be inclined to think he would probably have QQ more often than not. Depending on his action.

KSOT
05-24-2005, 09:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Basically I was misusing my PT stats. 73%/3%/2.4/400 - no way he's got QQ - reraise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy hell dude, I do the same thing and it seems to KILL me every time, only I apply it more to a PF raiser who does it too often. How can I not 3-bet my AJs against the douche who raises 20% of his hands? It that really so wrong? Can't let those ****ers get away with my blinds >_<

no1super2001
05-24-2005, 09:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"Jump To Conclusions" mat recently.

[/ QUOTE ]

I get most of my exercise jumping to conclusions and flying off the handle.

matt42s
05-24-2005, 09:20 PM
that was only a made up example, but I meant something like - hero has JJ, LAG calls the raise, board J27r, check,bet,call. turn is a Q and LAG bets into you.

Wozza
05-24-2005, 11:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
the more time I had to think about each hand, the more likely I was to make stoopid conclusions about opponents hands based on my inexperienced reads

[/ QUOTE ]

That sums me up as well. I only play one table at a time at the moment, but I have GOT to be doing something else as well. I read 2+2, browse the web, get the guitar out (Stairway to Heaven is coming along nicely - thanks for asking). If I'm not and I focus too much on the game, I can convince myself to get in and gambool way too many hands.

I think that at the nano/micro limits it's a bit of a waste of time trying to double guess your opponents. Just play the odds and let the others make the mistakes. I'm pretty certain that I'm not winning at the moment (although the bank roll is heading in the right direction) - it's just the others are losing more than me.

Schwartzy61
05-25-2005, 04:38 AM
It means you should only multi table /images/graemlins/wink.gif!

SCfuji
05-25-2005, 04:59 AM
add maybe?