PDA

View Full Version : playing big stack with 2 shorties

dfscott
05-24-2005, 06:08 PM
I got into a strange situation the other night when I had the big stack on the bubble, but instead of just one shorty, there were two:

me: 5500
medium: 1300
shorty1: 600
shorty2: 600

Now, the wierd thing is that this was at level 2.

First, should I just coast my chip advantage to level 4 before applying pressure since there is not much to gain by stealing?

FWIW, I did coast and ended up on level 4 with the something like:

me: 5400
medium: 1600
shorty1: 500
shorty2: 500

At this point, should I start pressuring everyone, or should I just go after middle guy? Or should I just pressure middle and shortyX once the other shorty folds?

As you can tell, I suck at playing the big stack...

Newt_Buggs
05-24-2005, 07:27 PM
personally, in level 2 I'm going to use my stack to run over the entire table. I think that this depends on how strong you feel playing postflop short handed since you probably haven't gotten this skill from SnGs.

in level 4 i'm stealing blinds from everyone, especially the 2nd largest. Once a shorty gets down to 3-4 BB though I'm probably going to leave him alone though

Voltron87
05-24-2005, 07:30 PM
I coast here, usually I won't lose more than 100-200 chips since your BB is folded to you a significant amount of the time. Then when the blinds get bigger I crank up the push-o-tron to setting 10.

sng-sam
05-24-2005, 07:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I coast here, usually I won't lose more than 100-200 chips since your BB is folded to you a significant amount of the time. Then when the blinds get bigger I crank up the push-o-tron to setting 10.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dr.....I concur.

Maulik
05-24-2005, 07:36 PM
I'll let the chips take their hit into my stack and let them do it until I pick up a hand and make them pay for it by thinking i'm being too tight. truth be told the blinds aren't worth very much just yet, its not worth getting involved in marginal hands unless they lack postflop skill.