PDA

View Full Version : 20+2 Tough River with second Nuts (1st Post!!!)

quarkncover
05-24-2005, 05:51 PM
I've been reading twoplustwo for quite some time now and today rallied up the courage to finally post. Now I know a lot can be said about the pre-flop, flop and turn play here, but what I am really interested in is the river play here. When the BB leads out with a pot-sized bet on the river, I am thinking with that board he could easily have a one pair or two pair type hand and he's trying to buy-it it, maybe even a straight with a lower diamond, so many possibilities, but I just can't see a player at this level leading out with a royal, so I go into the the tank...suggestions?

Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t40 (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Hero (t1975)
UTG+1 (t835)
MP1 (t5255)
MP2 (t1730)
CO (t825)
Button (t1330)
SB (t785)
BB (t2265)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
Hero calls t40, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (t100) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t100</font>, BB calls t100.

Turn: (t300) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t150</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to t300</font>, Hero calls t150.

River: (t900) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333"> BB bets t900</font> Hero???? Results to follow!

tricolore
05-24-2005, 06:13 PM
BB raised your bet on the turn and you called. So he has to figure that you have a flush (and probably a high one --- 9,K,A).

The ace come on the river.

He must assume that you are likely to call another bet on the river since it's the same hand as before. Only difference is that now he knows you don't have the ace.

Therefore, when he goes all-in, I have to give him credit for the king and I fold.

microbet
05-24-2005, 06:16 PM
He may have it, but I'd call. I would guess he has a flush and when he raised and you just called on the turn he decided that he had you beat.

The fact that the hand is being posted this does change what is most likely though. It most likely means you were shocked. I think Ac7c would be a bit of a shock, but then again a royal flush is pretty noteworthy.

quarkncover
05-24-2005, 06:21 PM
thx for the reply, but what made the river so tough was he didn't push (if he had pushed I might have had an easier decision here) he had me covered and bet the pot on the river, by betting the pot, Villian really had me guessing, no idea where I'm at.

valenzuela
05-24-2005, 06:27 PM
first thing is I think the river is good to you IMO, theres only one card that beats u. I would call, I think u win like 50% of the time here.

lastchance
05-24-2005, 07:15 PM
Hero closes his eyes and calls, because BB very well could have a lower flush or be bluffing with nothing thinking you don't have a diamond. Can't give the guy credit for just Kd here, though he'll have a lot of the time.