PDA

View Full Version : AA 30/60, anyone like this line HU?

daryn
05-24-2005, 05:31 PM
utg+1 is in my opinion hyper aggressive but i figured if i capped preflop given my utg raise it might give away too much, and i figured this is one of the rare times to get
tricky

Ultimate Bet 30/60 Hold'em (8 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter (http://www.pokerhand.org)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls.

River: (8.75 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Final Pot: 10.75 BB

DpR
05-24-2005, 05:40 PM
The reason I hate making this play (yet I do still try it sometimes in order to annoy myself) if becasue just what happened in this hand sees to happen every time. The scare card came on the turn which meant there is no way you are getting three bet. I think you get more bets in here if you play it more straightforward like bet flop call raise then check rasie turn (although I prefer 3-bet and lead if you don't get 4 bet)

Klepton
05-24-2005, 05:41 PM
i agree with this line, and it is the only time i ever just call with AA

i'll also do it if i raise the button with AA and the sb of BB 3bets.

sfer
05-24-2005, 05:42 PM
When the blinds fold and if the villain can read hands, yes.

sfer
05-24-2005, 05:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Here I autocap since my capping range is enormous.

daryn
05-24-2005, 05:48 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

Here I autocap since my capping range is enormous.

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly

daryn
05-24-2005, 05:49 PM
i don't think i get more bets if i capped preflop in this particular hand.

DcifrThs
05-24-2005, 06:20 PM
what do you do with AK here pf?

how about KK/QQ/JJ/TT/99??

i cap them all, and therefore cap AA every time

Barron

Subfallen
05-24-2005, 06:53 PM
Is it necessary to cap 99 here? Even against a hyper opponent who 3-bets with {AA-99, AKs-ATs, AKo, AQo, TJs, QJs, KJs}, you're a 42:58 dog against his hand range, any there are soooo many overcards that can flop.

rigoletto
05-24-2005, 07:00 PM
Smoothcalling the 3-bet is fine if you have very tight capping standards. On the flop I like to checkraise. It represents so many hands and give you the option of getting: smoothcalled and raised on the turn, 3-bet and you can checkraise the turn. And yes, a few times he'll be checking the turn after a 3-bet, but given his agression level it'll be rare.

Nate tha' Great
05-24-2005, 07:01 PM
If I do take this approach before the flop - and I usually don't - I prefer to play it faster on the flop. Gearing up for the big ol turn check-raise doesn't give him enough chance to overplay his hand IMO.

geormiet
05-24-2005, 07:36 PM
nate i brought this up a while ago (smooth calling pf with AA/KK) and you said you would expound on why you don't like this play.

Anyway...I'm still interested to hear your thoughts on this matter, if you would like to take the time to discuss it.

DpR
05-24-2005, 08:06 PM
Yeah, sorry I didnt really address the question you asked. I don't mind the call pre flop. But I want to check raise this flop rather than waiting until the turn to make your move. You are going to get to cap the flop against a lot of hands here plus don't have to risk giving the free card on the turn. IMO it is way better.

StacysMom
08-28-2005, 12:09 AM
I'm not a fan. It looks by only calling preflop you netted an extra .5BB on the turn. However, if you are now behind you are getting 3 bet. You could make him fold a holding he would have called down with. And you failed to put in max money at the only point in the hand you knew you where way ahead.

ggbman
08-28-2005, 12:27 AM
I think this line is fine, but i like a flop bet a lot. You get raised a ton by any jack or higher PP, and then you can either c/r the turn or 3 bet the flop and go from there.

Lawrence Ng
08-28-2005, 12:38 AM
Nicely played, pre-flop is ok imho.

On this particular flop, I would probably go for a c/r on the flop, and take it from there. It's got a flush draw on the board so I like playing it a bit faster if I believe my opponent is more likely to put me on a flush draw (Ax suited, or KQ suited). This also gives me a greater opportunity to go in for a c/r on the turn as well (especially on a 4th heart) when it comes down so you can probably squeeze in two c/r here.

If the board is more monotone like a 2-2-8 or rainbow board, then I would prefer to play it the way you did gaining that extra half a big bet on the turn through the c/r.

Lawrence

andyfox
08-28-2005, 01:24 AM
"Gearing up for the big ol turn check-raise doesn't give him enough chance to overplay his hand IMO.'

Hyper-aggressives rarely take a free card when checked to on the turn.

Jeff W
08-28-2005, 01:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
"Gearing up for the big ol turn check-raise doesn't give him enough chance to overplay his hand IMO.'

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but they often raise you on the turn or reraise you on the flop after you check-raise. By waiting to check-raise the turn, you will slow down all but the most aggressive players because it will be clear that you have a big hand.

I like a flop-checkraise.

SA125
08-28-2005, 01:57 AM
Do you really want a reply that says re-raise pf or c/r the flop? No disrespect, what is really interesting about the hand?

TStoneMBD
08-28-2005, 02:31 AM
its been said by the other posters here, but im not sure if the message has been clearly delivered. by smoothcalling preflop, you do so to extract more bets later in the hand. if you simply go for a turn checkraise this doesnt happen. capping preflop and betting all 3 streets while hoping to get raised (and you often will be) extracts more.

daryn
08-28-2005, 02:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Do you really want a reply that says re-raise pf or c/r the flop? No disrespect, what is really interesting about the hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

he called me down with K high

Danenania
08-28-2005, 03:08 AM
Kinda impressive that you remember that after 3 months.

Victor
08-28-2005, 03:27 AM
since you didnt cap pf i think checkraising the flop is mandatory.

daryn
08-28-2005, 03:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

my memory is no less than excellent.

although this time i was joking

Victor
08-28-2005, 04:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

he called me down with K high

[/ QUOTE ]

the whole point is you have a good chance of goin to war on the flop. i go for that. betting out is proly good despite what i posted bfore.

bicyclekick
08-28-2005, 04:40 AM
This hand is how a 3/6 allstar wannabe would play the hand. Don't like it daryn. You're missing out on so much value and it's outthniking yourself.

Lawrence Ng
08-28-2005, 06:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I prefer calling these players extreme-recreationalists as opposed to hyper-aggressives. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Lawrence

08-28-2005, 01:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
If someone called me down with King high after I checkraised the turn I would remember it on my deathbed, and I cant even remember half the girls Ive slept with, And I've only been with two.

arod15
08-28-2005, 08:41 PM
Cap it pre flop. Lead the flop. reraise it if he bets on the flop. Check raise the turn. Not enough money in there. The biggest mistake was not capping it PF. By doing so it makes the odds greatly in favor of calling anything postflop it terms of pot equity.

Maulik
08-29-2005, 01:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This hand is how a 3/6 allstar wannabe would play the hand. Don't like it daryn. You're missing out on so much value and it's outthniking yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]

does this mean 300/600 or am I a donk?