05-24-2005, 05:14 PM
utg folds, I raise Ad 9d, CO folds, button and blinds call
Jh Th Qd
SB checks, BB bets, I raise, everyone calls
7d
checked to me, I bet, call call, BB raises, I 3 bet, everyone calls
8s
I bet, button folds, both blinds call and mhig

First this isn't a brag post (although it was a nice pot)

The chat went crazy after this with me saying very little except ty and yes I did have a lot of outs.

I believe I played every street correctly. I am willing to listen to anyone who thinks otherwise and not argue with them just to hear why someone might think differently. From reading this forum though, this is the way I was taught to play this hand.

Derek in NYC
05-24-2005, 05:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am willing to listen to anyone who thinks otherwise and not argue with them just to hear why someone might think differently. From reading this forum though, this is the way I was taught to play this hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I must be reading a different forum.

Chobohoya
05-24-2005, 05:24 PM
Why threebet the turn?

Grisgra
05-24-2005, 05:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why threebet the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. If you know that everyone is going to call, then great, but if you lose even one person then it's -EV if you hit. Especially given that you'll be chopping a lot of your straights and you're only hitting the flush one-in-five times.

fyodor
05-24-2005, 05:36 PM
hmmm. maybe I am crazy if the first 3 responses are all like that.

Anyhow I 3 bet the turn because I did expect at least 2 callers and maybe all 3 while being only 2:1 to improve.

7 outs to the nut flush
2 more maybe good flush outs
3 nut straight outs
4 more probably good straight outs

Seemed like a no brainer at the time (and frankly still does)

sorry should be 3 probably good straight outs

On top of that by playing it like I already have AK it may induce an A or K to fold who would have split under some circumstances. So I'm happy with or without callers

jfresh
05-24-2005, 05:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]

7 outs to the nut flush
2 more maybe good flush outs
3 nut straight outs
4 more probably good straight outs

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't think you can give yourself full outs for all those

7 nut flush outs for sure

Jd Td are iffy because someone might have a set or two pair.

7 other straight outs are iffy too because chances of someone drawing with a K, someone who has a 9 too, someone who might have an ace too. very small chance but K9 or 89 might already be out there too (you raised preflop, keep raising with 3 other players in the pot... could put you on a flopped broadway).

all in all i think you can give yourself maybe 4 or 5 outs of the 9.

Lost Wages
05-24-2005, 06:21 PM
I estimate:

8 outs for the flush - J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif or T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif pair the board
1.5 outs for a non diamond king - K/images/graemlins/heart.gif makes a flush, any non-diamond K could chop 2-3 ways
2.5 outs for a non diamond 8 - could chop or lose to K9
-----------------
~12 outs

Barely enough to pump for value against 3 opponents. -EV if anyone facing 2 bets folds, plus they won't be around to make a crying river call in a big pot if you hit. Certainly not a terrible raise though.

Lost Wages

fyodor
05-24-2005, 06:26 PM
This is why we post. I'm an overagressive monkey and there's no 2 ways about it. The turn 3 bet was a bit too much.