PDA

View Full Version : Getting Out Of Hnad

09-14-2001, 10:46 AM
Everyone, please keep in mind that while we have some very important issues to discuss and all views are welcome on these forums, even those views which most of us don't feel comfortable with, we do have our posting guidelines that we must follow. This means keep the conversation civil and polite even if someone else says something that you may strongly disagree with.

Thanks,

Mason

09-14-2001, 10:54 AM
Mason, I have read most of the posts over the last couple of days and I think you are way out of line here. I think this is the best discussion that has happened on this forum. Obviously this is an emotional issue so I think you have to give people some leeway. While I disagree with many of the posts I have not found many uncivil or impolite. Especially when you compare this to most of the crap that is printed on the Internet Forum.

09-14-2001, 10:58 AM
The childishness is substantially reduced. The caveat is premature.

09-14-2001, 10:59 AM
I agree with you, but I noticed today that the insults were starting and we had to eliminate a couple of them. Again, all views are welcome on these forums, just make sure to stay within our posting guidelienes, That is be polite and civil even if you strongly disagree with something that someone else says.

Thanks again,

Mason

09-14-2001, 11:06 AM
I agree with this. Of course I haven't seen any of the posts which were deleted.

09-14-2001, 11:07 AM

09-14-2001, 11:19 AM
It was someone who called me (ME?) an anti-Semite for quoting Gold Meir. The complexity of the issues in Israel tear at the fabric of that country's soul. There is possibly no place more voluble in intellectual expression that Israel's parliament, the Knesset. This forum isn't even close. At least we can be polite. It is ideas that are supposed to clash. Name-calling is used only by those who lack proper arguments.

09-14-2001, 12:11 PM
Although it may be hard to do this I think you are right and it will keep things a bit more constructive.

Zach