PDA

View Full Version : Blacked out smoking weed

granny50
05-24-2005, 05:02 PM
Has this happened to anyone? I took a hit of some KB and then felt really really wierd. My friend told me we had to go and I told him I couldn't move. He told me to stop being a pussy and I followed feeling very weak. I walked outside, stumbled across steps and then was leaning against the wall. The next thing I know Im being carried to the couch and found out later that I passed out and almost killed myself, if it weren't for a guy who caught me before my head hit the concrete steps.
Has this happened to anyone else?

MoreWineII
05-24-2005, 05:03 PM
No. Smoke better.

scotty34
05-24-2005, 05:04 PM
No. My assumption is that it must have been laced with something. Have you smoked a lot before, and ever got a reaction anything like this?

MoreWineII
05-24-2005, 05:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No. My assumption is that it must have been laced with something. Have you smoked a lot before, and ever got a reaction anything like this?

[/ QUOTE ]

/agree

Also, had you been drinking beforehand? Someimes drinking and smoking makes me feel icky.

bump
05-24-2005, 05:08 PM
Ive smoked ~daily for 5 years. Never happend to me. I suspect that it was laced with something (hash?) although I never understood why someone would lace weed that they are selling (and I have never come across this before in my years of teh Ganj)... Have you been feeling sick lately? Were you well hydrated? Did you just pull an all nighter? Play a sporting event...

Anything else that could have caused it?

brassnuts
05-24-2005, 05:15 PM
Several years ago, a neighbor came over and ripped our bong. He left immediately. A few minutes later, a roomate of his came over and started yelling at us because she thought we laced the weed with something. Apparently, he had a panic attack and continued to black out for a few seconds. He wasn't a huge pot smoker, but he wasn't a total noob either. So, stuff like this happens.

tpir90036
05-24-2005, 05:21 PM
The only time anything like this ever happened to me I was retarded drunk and smoking hash. Not my best night /images/graemlins/wink.gif

liquidboss
05-24-2005, 05:26 PM
As a very experienced pothead I would have to say you were either drunk first or got some laced [censored]. I've never seen or heard of that reaction, even from a true lightweight. Have you smoked before?

J.R.
05-24-2005, 05:28 PM
are u sure you weren't riding the "love boat"? this is a non-infrequent reaction to that. (pcp/angel dust + pot)

if you were dehydrated/exhausted its not inconceivable that a big KB hit could knock you out, I know lots of people who get extremely lightheaded.

Aukai
05-24-2005, 05:49 PM
Weed can potentially make your heart beat fast enough to cause you to faint. It's not common by any means, but I've seen someone drop unconcious for that reason from non-laced herb and go head vs. asphalt. It was scary as hell, and did not make for a fun trip to the ER. She woke up almost right away, but had a gnarly concussion from the fall.

She had only smoked about 3 or 4 times in her life before this though. If you smoke a lot, this probably isn't what happened to you.

Slow Play Ray
05-24-2005, 05:57 PM
I have been smoking for about 10 years and this has never happened to me. However, there was this one time in college a bunch of us were hanging out smoking some new stuff we had just picked up, and my buddy was ready to leave with his GF and another friend of theirs. As she got up to go, she pitched straight forward out of her chair to the ground, and passed out. Once they got her up and back to okay, they went to leave again, and the other friend did the same thing - he hits the ground, then rolls over on his back and starts shaking, seizure-like. Eventually he stops. So now we're all freaked out, we decide they shouldn't leave yet, and we all head downstairs to hang out in the living room. Me and another buddy were sitting on the couch pretty freaked out, we're saying things like "we're next" to each other. Then my buddy gets off the couch to open the door and get some fresh air. As he's standing there, he starts swaying, with the door holding him up, and boom - down he goes. It was ridiculous. It only happened to those 3 (out of 7 of us I think), and we eventually smoked the rest of the bag without incident. Therefore, my theory is that she passed out for whatever reason (they insisted nobody was on anything else), and caused a psychological chain reaction among everyone else. Whatever it was, it was really strange...

The Goober
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
Not to be a nit, but you didn't black out - you passed out. Blacking out is when you are fully conscious at the time, but have no memory of it afterwards (like what sometimes happens with heavy drinking).

BadBoyBenny
05-24-2005, 06:59 PM
I've seen people faint after smoking on two occasions. It can happen. It is a lot more likely if you have low blood sugar or are dehydrated when you smoke.

poker-penguin
05-24-2005, 07:05 PM
I'm not 100% convinced of that distinction - pilots etc black out when the G force drains the blood from their head (or something).

Passing out to me is more gradual - I sat down in the chair and just passed out. Blacking out is dramatic (whether because of no memory, or a sudden LOC - guess who played a lot of fighter sims as a teenager?)

ThinkQuick
05-24-2005, 07:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Weed can potentially make your heart beat fast enough to cause you to faint.

[/ QUOTE ]
Not really, but it can evoke a stress response and it can cause very low blood pressure to the head in people that haven't smoked very much, like the feeling when you get up fast after lying down for a while - fainting and falling can certainly occur with this.

[ QUOTE ]
She had only smoked about 3 or 4 times in her life before this though. If you smoke a lot, this probably isn't what happened to you.

[/ QUOTE ]
exactly, experienced smokers rapidly develop tolerance to this.

Your [censored] was probably laced. PCP is common. It for sure makes you 'feel different', and and can cause memory loss in addition to the following taken from gdcada.org::

At low to moderate doses, physiological effects include a slight increase in breathing rate and a more pronounced rise in blood pressure and pulse rate. Respiration becomes shallow, and flushing and profuse sweating occurs. Generalized numbness of the extremities and muscular incoordination may also occur.

Psychological effects include distinct changes in body awareness, similar to those associated with alcohol intoxication. At high doses, there is a drop in blood pressure, pulse rate, and respiration. Nausea, vomiting, blurred vision, drooling, loss of balance, and dizziness may accompany this.

Psychological effects at high doses include illusions and hallucinations. PCP may have effects that mimic certain primary symptoms of schizophrenia, such as delusions, mental turmoil, and a sensation of distance from one’s environment. Sometimes, speech is sparse and mangled. Other effects include inability to feel physical pain, anxiety, disorientation, fear, panic and paranoia, aggressive behavior and violence.

pokerjo22
05-24-2005, 07:31 PM
Try this:

http://www.ritsumei.ac.jp/~akitaoka/rotsnake.gif

stankybank
05-24-2005, 07:51 PM
I've passed out before from smoking some really strong stuff, like kush. Ripped a couple fat bowls from a bong and I was outs. I had a hard time keeping my eyes open and paranoia started to kick in and I thought I was going crazy. I'm pretty weak sauce sometimes handling my share of substances so I don't think it's universal. I know some people who can smoke all day and not really get 'high' like the normal population might. I also have those days where I feel like I'm in the 'zone' when I'm stoned but I think it's all part of the drug playing mind tricks on you.

Anyhow, if you don't enjoy smoking weed enough to keep smoking, then you should stop before you really lose your mind. It's been over a month since the last time I smoked and I'm beginning to feel like a 'normal' person again, whatever that means. LOL.

Blarg
05-24-2005, 09:19 PM
Could have been laced with opium or PCP. My guess is PCP, because lots of people like to f_ck people over, whereas opium would actually be cool.

Depending on your sensitivity, though, it could actually just have been much stronger pot than you're used to. I've had real trouble walking and been almost unable to do anything but stagger to bed before when I've gotten some really, really strong pot.

granny50
05-24-2005, 09:24 PM
I had only slept for 4 hours prior to this and just had 1 beer. Even though I weigh only 125lbs I can handle quite a bit of liquor. But this was really wierd. And maybe me not eating (this was at 4pm, my last meal was arnd 5pm the previous day) caused this.

I was just really freaked out, I felt really dizzy after standing up and could not feel any part of my body. After I got carried to the couch, I drank a glass of water and then got dropped home, still feeling a little nauseous and my roommate told me I shouldn't goto sleep coz he thought I might've had a concussion.

I tried but fell asleep 20 mins after I got home. Woke up feeling like I'd been binge drinking for 5 hrs. No one else felt anything though. But then again, I've only started smoking since last month and never really enjoyed weed as it just made me feel lazy.