PDA

View Full Version : battle of the big draws

bigredlemon
05-24-2005, 04:52 PM
7 Card Stud High-Low ($0.50/$1), Ante $0.25, Bring-In $0.25 (hand converter (http://www.geocities.com/greenage22/7StudConverter.hta.txt))

not monster big but I liked my draws

3rd Street - (4.00 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif___folds
Seat 2: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls___calls
Seat 3: xx xx Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___folds
Seat 4: xx xx J/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls___calls
Hero: 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif___completes
Seat 6: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___brings-in___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls___calls

4th Street - (10.00 SB)

Seat 2: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls___calls
Seat 4: xx xx J/images/graemlins/club.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls___calls
Hero: 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif___raises
Seat 6: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif___bets___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls___calls

5th Street - (10.00 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls___calls
Seat 4: xx xx J/images/graemlins/club.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls___calls
Hero: 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___raises
Seat 6: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif___bets___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls___calls

6th Street - (20.00 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls
Seat 4: xx xx J/images/graemlins/club.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif___checks___calls
Hero: 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif___checks___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___bets
Seat 8: xx xx 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls

River - (25.00 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif xx___checks
Seat 4: xx xx J/images/graemlins/club.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif xx___checks
Hero: 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif xx___checks
Seat 8: xx xx 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif xx___checks

Total pot: (25.00 BB)

Results: <font color="white"> will be posted in the post below </font>

bigredlemon
05-24-2005, 04:57 PM
Results:
I was going to post about whether my raises on each street was correct. Being the the astute bugger I am, I ran each street through twodimes and was surprised at the results. Not only was I the favourite each street, I was a huge favourite each street with about a third of the pot equity from 3rd all the way to 6th. I thus of course had the pot equity to raise again on 6th, but with just one more card to come, I guess I got weak tight. The correct play knowing everyone's down cards was to of course raise and cap each street so long as they stay'll in. Would you guys actually recommend capping each street not knowing their hands though?

Alchemist
05-24-2005, 05:27 PM
I'm not crazy about raising 5th. Everyone called your 4th street raise and the first bet on 5th. Seats 2 and 6 might be on a better low draw than you and they know you have a 7-6 low at best. Granted Seat 6 is probably going high and has Aces or better. You still need 2 hearts for a flush and several are dead already. Your 4s are alive for the baby straight though. At this point, I'd want to see 6th as cheap as possible to see if I can even make my low and see if the other lows brick.

bholdr
05-24-2005, 06:19 PM
on sixth the call was correct based solely on your pot-odds, and might be worth a raise if you think you'll scoop for sure oif you hit the four (there are better lows draws out, but the A2 looks like he's going high)- there are 20BB in the pot, you have seen 28 cards and no fours, leaving you with a 1/6 chance of scooping. you're getting 24-1 on a call, probably 15-1 on a raise. hell, it's worth a raise based on pot odds alone even if you think a four will be good for only half the pot. wow. raise that sucker.

it's rare that a pot gets big enough to justify raising with a gutshot draw.