PDA

View Full Version : Sissy or Safe - QQ

SomethingClever
05-24-2005, 04:25 PM
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, MP calls, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls, MP calls, Button calls.

Flop: (20 SB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls, MP folds, Button calls.

Turn: (12 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, Button checks.

River: (12 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks...

mperich
05-24-2005, 04:31 PM
River bet is mandatory.

-Mike

maxor
05-24-2005, 04:37 PM
Do you have any reads on the SB? Is he the type of player who will only cap pre flop with AA, KK, AK?

Is he the type of player who will lead out on the flop because he capped pre-flop?

I think I would raise the flop and be wary if the button stuck around. Also, what do you make of his turn check? Do you think he's going to check raise you with trips? Or do you think he's slowing down because he's out of position and have two people behind him who keep calling him down?

I'm not sure of the best line here, just thinking of some things that came to mind.

spydog
05-24-2005, 04:37 PM
No straights can beat you.
No flushes can beat you.
No two pair (aside from AA) can beat you.

UTG or Button will not check thru a set or trip Kings on the turn.

SB might try checkraising turn with strong hand but when nobody bites he would surely fire on the river. Therefore, you have him beat.

IMO, the only hand that beats you is if Button has TT. Not likely.

Easy value bet.

geormiet
05-24-2005, 04:41 PM
sb has a weak hand, probably a small pocket pair.

Were you smooth calling the flop in order to raise the turn? That would be my plan...but when the sb checks the turn, everything gets screwed up. Mostly, I am worried that he might have a K and is going for a c-r.

Still...this pot is gigantic, time to try to get rid of some hands - I think a (very fast) turn bet is good here.

Surfbullet
05-24-2005, 04:52 PM
The lack of flop action combined with the 2nd king on the turn makes me inclined to bet the turn when SB slows down - AA or AK and such would keep betting, so I think AQ/AJ etc or QQ/JJ/TT are more likely at this point.

There's a possibility that UTG or Button has a K, but I think we'd often hear from them on the flop b/c they have no way to expect to be able to protect their hand, and a lone K isn't strong enough to slowplay to the turn.

If I don't bet the turn (which I do) then I definitely bet the river once the turn checks through. SB almost certainly does not have a K, and UTG+Button wouldn't have checked through the turn with trips, so the only real worry is TT.

Surf

billyjex
05-24-2005, 05:09 PM
sissy.

the hand played out a little funny but i would be scared to bet the turn, fearing a raise from the players to act behind you. i might raise the flop.. i dunno, that's very table dependent.

but you have to bet this river.

obsidian
05-24-2005, 05:33 PM
I bet/fold the turn. Not betting the river is crazy.

SomethingClever
05-24-2005, 05:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I bet/fold the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you bet the turn and someone raises, you will likely be getting the odds you need to draw to your Q on the river. So bet/fold is no g00t.

SomethingClever
05-24-2005, 05:44 PM
Here's the other thing that scared me about the hand. I didn't have a read on SB, but he coldcall/capped preflop.

This is usually either utter crap or a beast. I also feared that a player in late position could be waiting to raise the turn if I bet there.

I think I agree that a river bet is mandatory.

Surfbullet
05-24-2005, 06:00 PM
The coldcall/cap can be scary if it's from a player in EP when there are not many people yet in the pot. However, in this instance most of the table is already involved, so IMHO it's far far more likely to be some weird crap like TJs or 55 than a monster.

Surf

geormiet
05-24-2005, 06:04 PM
That cold call+cap is 75% not a monster. It's usually a small pocket pair.

jogumon
05-24-2005, 06:04 PM
raise the flop.

There are NO draws whatsoever. I can't imagine what hand someone could have to get proper odds to cold call a raise, even getting 23-2. There aren't even gutshots. Maybe Ax suited, with a backdoor flush.

If someone calls, they have a made hand. Then you can worry about whether it's a K, AA from the SB capper - though I doubt it - or just a pp hanging around because the pot is huge. By just calling, anyone with an A is getting proper odds to call.

This pot is already HUGE. Try to win it now.