PDA

View Full Version : Friend of mine killed in car accident. Alcohol involved...

ClaytonN
05-24-2005, 03:13 PM
I'm not sure what to think right now. He wasn't a very good friend of mine, but we had classes together and were both on the tennis team last year.

And then he had to go out and do this (http://www.wsbtv.com/news/4523983/detail.html). *sigh*

I think I'm going to lie down.

Keep his family and their families in your prayers, please.

chaas4747
05-24-2005, 03:15 PM
Sorry to hear about that.

bump
05-24-2005, 03:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ClaytonN
05-24-2005, 03:23 PM
All that I ask out of anybody who reads this thread is to never do something this retarded when you are or about to become under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

gorie
05-24-2005, 03:33 PM
it's very sad..

it's also very unfortunate that things like this happen all the time. people aren't getting any smarter /images/graemlins/frown.gif

wacki
05-24-2005, 04:13 PM
I couldn't tell you how many people I know that have killed someone or been killed by drunk driving/drivers. People that do this are stupid.

sublime
05-24-2005, 04:24 PM
sorry to hear this man /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Klepton
05-24-2005, 04:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

mcb
05-24-2005, 04:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I couldn't tell you how many people I know that have killed someone or been killed by drunk driving/drivers. People that do this are stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]
I know a few as well. It's too bad this kind of stuff happens. Sorry to hear.

Dominic
05-24-2005, 04:36 PM
I know this won't be a populat post, but 16 is too damn young to be able to drive. Everything should be 18 - voting, driving, serving in the military, drinking.

And I'm sorry for your loss.

wacki
05-24-2005, 04:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I know this won't be a populat post, but 16 is too damn young to be able to drive. Everything should be 18 - voting, driving, serving in the military, drinking.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe you should do some research on the subject before you post.

CallMeIshmael
05-24-2005, 04:41 PM
Im sorry dude. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

ClaytonN
05-24-2005, 04:42 PM
The news story will be broadcasted in like 20 minutes. I'll get more details then.

Basically, I was still snoozing at around 2:30 PM (due to a final table in a stud tourney the night before) when my dad called for the 2nd or 3rd time within the hour. First couple of times was the coordinate the new computer delivery and when to do lawn work for a friend of my dad's.

Anyways, I pick up the phone and he asks, "Did you know ________", and of course I say yes. But I knew what he was going to say next. I don't know if he was the driver, though.

I take GA141 every day to school and to go from my mom's to my dad's, but this is far north of my school, up by south forsyth high. The whole area is just like what the picture shows, lots of grassy areas and farmland, totally different from the area around my school which is pure suburbia.

Sponger15SB
05-24-2005, 04:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
All that I ask out of anybody who reads this thread is to never do something this retarded when you are or about to become under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sadly, the people who are this retarded probably won't listen unless 1) they get in an alcohol related accident 2) it happens to someone they know very personally.

Dominic
05-24-2005, 04:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe you should do some research on the subject before you post.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know, I'm just venting. Relax.

But I do stand by my claim that 16 is too young to be able to legally use such a dangerous tool.

Voltron87
05-24-2005, 04:48 PM
That's really [censored] up, drunk driving really is terrible. Just a testament to the fact that it's life and death stuff, never take it lightly. I think Sponger already said this, but most people stupid enough to do this won't learn to change their ways until it is too late.

irishken
05-24-2005, 04:54 PM
16 is pretty young.. where I live the age limit for driving is 18 but situation isint much better.. naturally I dont know what the [censored] im talking about but I think the new experiment they are trying is much better: Young people(i think it was 25) cant drive after drinking more then one beer, they first tried to get it the way that you wouldent be allowed to drink anything before driving but that didint go throught... also the amount of alcohol in allowed older people blood while driving went big time down... and penalties up for everyone.

fnord_too
05-24-2005, 05:00 PM
That just sucks.

MoreWineII
05-24-2005, 05:00 PM
Sorry to hear that, best wishes for the family.

MoreWineII
05-24-2005, 05:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]

And I'm sorry for your loss.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree 100%. Go eavesdrop on two 16 year-olds talking and then ask yourself if you really want them to be driving an oversized SUV in the lane next to you.

Jamey Saunders
05-24-2005, 05:04 PM
Heard about this on WSB radio this morning. Very sad. My condolences to all.

ClaytonN
05-24-2005, 05:05 PM
The driver was my friend. Argh.

He was going to be a senior in the fall, I believe.

The other student killed, I don't know.

One of the kids in critical condition was one of the stars for the basketball team. Another kid in critical condition I don't know.

The kid who made it out okay was also on the tennis team, and another friend of mine. Glad he made it out okay.

shadow29
05-24-2005, 05:09 PM
Yeah dude. I know how you feel.

I don't know if you remember this, but last August there was a similar debacle involving one of my friends. He was a good, close friend of mine. We were golf partners (no gay jokes please). Anyway, he didn't die, but pretty much might as well have. I saw him the other day: totally retarded (although the doctors say that he's not and that he can hear and understand). He can't stand up or anything.

Kids can be so [censored] stupid sometimes.

ClaytonN
05-24-2005, 05:09 PM
This makes 5 people at my high school that have died since February. However, this is the first student I actually know.

1 died from a brain stem tumor
2 died in a wreck during spring break
And now, 2 here. Maybe more /images/graemlins/frown.gif

link (http://www.11alive.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=63560)

John Weatherington goes by Carter, and he was always hanging around with Kasey.

Kasey was one of the students in the broadcasting class (I was sports producer), so this will really suck for my teacher. I'm going to call him and make sure everything is okay.

LoaferGee12
05-24-2005, 05:14 PM
Just read a story about a guy who killed a girl because he was drunk-driving. The family let him off the hook and he only served like 1/2 year in prison. 3 years later and he racks up another DUI... How the hell could you kill someone and then make the same mistake again that led to their death?

ClaytonN
05-24-2005, 06:10 PM
Apparantly Kasey (the driver) was the designated driver. This makes things even stranger...

WSUchica
05-24-2005, 06:26 PM
Wow, I'm so sorry for your loss

augie00
05-24-2005, 06:48 PM
I lost two friends in highschool. One to lukemia, and one in a car wreck. The guy who died of lukemia passed away on Christmas eve, and the guy who died in a car wreck passed away the night before our highschool graduation.

It sucked.

It sucks when people die.

stankybank
05-24-2005, 08:09 PM
This is some really sad news and I'm sorry to hear that someone you knew was a part of this. However, under the circumstances, they got what was coming. Driving drunk wearing no seat belts is pretty much suicide and it's fortunate that they didn't kill any more people. They were also drinking in the car which makes this more stupid.

GuyOnTilt
05-24-2005, 08:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Keep his family and their families in your prayers, please.

[/ QUOTE ]

Will do. Very sad.

GoT

tbach24
05-24-2005, 08:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Wow, I'm so sorry for your loss

[/ QUOTE ]