PDA

View Full Version : Scrubs

DeezNuts
05-24-2005, 02:34 PM
Got the first season-disc one, had never seen this show before(usually wait for DVD versions). Watched the first five episodes. I now have a new winner for best sitcom on TV, beating out Arrested Development by a hair. I laughed out loud too many times to count.

DN

jakethebake
05-24-2005, 02:35 PM
You wait to buy DVDs for shows you;ve never seen before? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Got the first season-disc one, had never seen this show before(usually wait for DVD versions). Watched the first five episodes. I now have a new winner for best sitcom on TV, beating out Arrested Development by a hair. I laughed out loud too many times to count.

DN

[/ QUOTE ]

DeezNuts
05-24-2005, 02:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You wait to buy DVDs for shows you;ve never seen before? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Netflix.

DN

private joker
05-24-2005, 03:29 PM
The first season of Scrubs (and some of the second season) is indeed incredibly awesome. It went downhill fast.

Scrubs, Arrested Development, and Sports Night are probably the three best 30-minute shows of the last 10 years, but for different reasons. I can't pick a favorite.

Nah, yes I can. It's Sports Night.

zokbarjazz
05-24-2005, 03:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Glad someone else thinks so. What a great show.

johnnycakes
05-24-2005, 03:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

FishNChips
05-24-2005, 04:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

um yeah, me too

Klepton
05-24-2005, 04:25 PM
this show indeed did go downhill fast...

the only thing i don't like about the show is how at the 23 minute interval everytime the soft music comes on, and he reflects...totally not needed.

Joe826
05-24-2005, 04:30 PM
actually i thought the first three seasons were really pretty good. season four was waaaaay worse, though.

Gallopin Gael
05-24-2005, 04:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
actually i thought the first three seasons were really pretty good. season four was waaaaay worse, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

and yet still better than most drivel that gets put onto the air waves.

Sports Night rocks!

fnord_too
05-24-2005, 04:54 PM
I just started watching this like last year and it is my favorite sit com. The fact that everyone sais it has gone way down hill makes me really want to see the first couple of seasons since it is still way better than most of the other sit coms on tv. I also think it is slightly better than Arrested Development, but the thread on best comedy a few months ago had a large majority of people saying Curb Your Enthusiam was the best, and I think most of the people (like me) who didn't had not seen the show.

DeezNuts
05-24-2005, 07:16 PM
I've seen Curb and I love it. But the shows become too formulaic and Larry David can be a bit overbearing in the neurotic-messes that he leaves behind.

I don't think I could watch many episodes of this in a row, but I can watch Scrubs(so far so good, but now sad that the quality decreases as I go along) and Arrested Development(got through the first season in two days) consecutively without problem.

Sports Night has been on my Netflix queue for some time now, I think I'll move it up to the top.

DN