PDA

View Full Version : For Abe and Any 2+2 Poster Going to Tunica

Mark Heide
12-11-2002, 09:19 PM
How can I resist a bounty on scalf, so I decided to put a bounty on myself. Yes, and whoever knocks me out, I will buy them the book of their choice from 2+2. I have not made my reservations yet, but if we can get a total of 10 people to commit to playing a No-Limit Hold'em satellite on the 10th of January, I will show up for it. Just to see if I can kick their butts. /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

I'd like to see some responses to this post. As I can remember the satellites cost $65. What a bargain!!!! You get the chance to play against your favorite or hated 2+2 poster.

If nine people respond to showing up besides myself, I'll make my reservations this Friday. It only costs $35 a night.

Note to Abe: Let's set it up for Saturday evening after dinner.

Good Luck

Mark

Abe
12-11-2002, 09:59 PM
mah,

You are ON! Saturday Jan 11th. Put me down for a copy of the Schoonmaker book, in case you play a hand with me.

And don't think any of your tricky East Chicago plays will work down here in the South.

Thanks

Mark Heide
12-11-2002, 11:05 PM
Abe,

Lotsa Luck. You better hope lady luck is sitting on your lap like she was when you were at Harrah's. Anyway, just to clear things up, we'll play the satellite on the 11th in the evening and the tournament on the 12th.

By the way, what's the bounty on scalf?

Good Luck

Mark

PokerBabe(aka)
12-12-2002, 12:04 AM
"You better hope lady luck is sitting on your lap" . Well, shucks...Babe will be in Hawaii during this challenge, so you will need another lady for luck /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif ! Maybe we can do a similar shootout during our 2+2 gathering in Vegas next year? Good luck and LGPG. Babe

Greg (FossilMan)
12-12-2002, 12:05 PM
I'd love to play in this if I'm there. However, I probably could never commit to it, because if I'm there, I'll likely still be working my way to the final table of that day's $500 stud event.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)

Mark Heide
12-12-2002, 01:57 PM
PokerBabe,

It breaks my /forums/images/icons/heart.gif that you will not be there. The first week is usually the best for side games, ask Jim Brier. If you see Vince, tell him to get in his VW and come on over to Tunica.

Have a wonderful vacation in Hawaii.

GL

Mark

Mark Heide
12-12-2002, 02:03 PM
Greg,

Forget about the the 7CS tournament, there were only 126 entries for it last year. The $500 No-Limit tournament had 315 entries. From what I remember there were plenty of terrible players last time, and I expect the same this time around. Plus, the action during the first week should be the best. With your big bankroll you'll be playing in those sidegames swimmin' in dough.

GL

Mark

Greg (FossilMan)
12-12-2002, 04:20 PM
Only 126? That must mean the first prize was a measly $20-25,000? And being as how those Southerners and visiting Westerners can't play stud, it will be a crapshoot anyway, right?

Thanks, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)

Mark Heide
12-12-2002, 08:50 PM
Greg,

The problem with playing events that don't have a lot of entries is the lack of weaker players. If you go to poker pages web site you will see that Huck Seed came in first place. In order for me to have a good chance of winning a tournament, I have to play against a field with a significant amount of weak players. This is why I only play $500 events at the WPO and $1500 events at the WSOP.

Last January I played both the No-Limit Hold'em and Omaha Hi/Lo Split games and there were plenty of terrible players in both tournaments just giving their chips away.

This is why you need to play in tournaments that have larger fields. The best events are usually the $500 buy-ins for Limit Hold'em (had 463 entries), No-Limit Hold'em (had 315 entries), and Omaha Hi/Lo Split(had 238 entries).

The final event had 140 entries and the list of finishers from January looks like a who's who's list of tournament poker, so the final event for the WSOP is preferable.

In between the best $500 buy-in tournaments you will be able to make a killing playing pot-limit hold-em and omaha at whatever limits you want. The high limit games will be at the Gold Strike where the tournament is hosted and the medium limit games will be at the Horseshoe.

Consider taking off a week and come out and play!

Good Luck

Mark

scalf
12-14-2002, 10:39 AM
mark...

unfortunately, my plans are for mlk, the next weekend...still it is tempting to take advantage of all the ez fish money...lol...gl /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Mark Heide
12-15-2002, 02:20 PM
scalf,

What's "mlk"? Don't tell me you are not going. I would love to see Abe lose his bounty on you. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

GL

Mark

scalf
12-15-2002, 07:44 PM
mh...lol...how about mlk,jr...
martin luther king holiday weekend...lol...gl /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Abe
12-18-2002, 10:49 PM
Why would you go to Hawaii instead of Tunica, Mississippi? Do they even have any catfish, kudzu, or cottonfields there?
lol

Good idea about something like this for a 2+2 event this spring. Can I be at Vince's table?

Abe
12-18-2002, 10:53 PM
Yes! I want to be at the table with FossilMan. Get to look at the little rocks AND get some tax advice.