PDA

View Full Version : 77 SB defense - I struggle with this situation

Isura
05-24-2005, 01:13 PM
No reads. FWIW, I find when the button opens and then caps HU, it doesn't necessarily mean a strong hand. Hence, my guess was that villian was on something like 55+, AT+,KQ+, T+ suited brodway. I have no idea how to proceed from the flop. I guess I should c/r the flop? What do we do when 3-bet. Completely lost on this hand. I didn't want to check/call or fold the river, so I bet..

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (9 SB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>

mikewvp
05-24-2005, 01:28 PM
Sort of a difficult situation, I would have bet or raised on the flop or turn. You have to put a bet or raise in somewhere to give him a chance to fold, and also to find out where hes at. If he just calls you are likely ahead, if he raises you can feel better about letting go. As a standard I would probably lead out the flop, call his raise, then donkbet the turn. Thats just me though.