PDA

View Full Version : J4s - Interesting river

Isura
05-24-2005, 12:59 PM
I think I messed up this river. What do you guys think. Table is loose.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (8 SB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls, Button calls.

Turn: (6 BB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls, Hero calls.

River: (14 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>...

tiltaholic
05-24-2005, 01:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think I messed up this river. What do you guys think. Table is loose.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (8 SB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls, Button calls.

Turn: (6 BB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls, Hero calls.

River: (14 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>...

[/ QUOTE ]

i disagree. i think you played it well. w/4 to a straight on board, the river could be checked through. and if he has a straight, he'll usually figure you are bluffing and will raise. the bet is good.

Disconnected
05-24-2005, 01:10 PM
Looks good to me. Gotta figure you're going to get called by hands that you beat. Hopefully, button isn't on a higher flush.

gharp
05-24-2005, 01:15 PM
I think you may be right, but I probably would've messed it up the same way.

UTG's preflop raise followed by turn raise makes it look very likely that he connected well with that board (JJ seem like a good candidate) so a river bet from him seems likely. The question is, would he recognize that both you and the button look like you're on draws and then check the third /images/graemlins/diamond.gif through?

Isura
05-24-2005, 01:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
w/4 to a straight on board, the river could be checked through.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was 3-tabling and didn't see the 4 to a str8 when I played this. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

gopnik
05-24-2005, 01:27 PM
there is a big chance with this scary board that it'll check through on the river and it will suck. I'd bet too.

gvibes
05-24-2005, 01:50 PM
Perfect. You may even get an 8 to raise, thinking that they are splitting.