PDA

View Full Version : 20/40 live 4 handed big draw

DeathDonkey
05-24-2005, 09:09 AM
Started in a full 20/40 kill game which slowly whittled down to 4 handed and its now like 8 am. Opponent in this hand is a young guy who's stuck and playing too loose preflop. He is good and aggressive postflop and is a bit tricky. We are seated so he is the button on my BB and vice versa and because of this we have had alot of heads up confrontations. He thinks I am stealing his blinds too liberally but I'm not.

Anyway he is probably better than me except for he is playing too loose. So I open on the button with 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif SB folds and he 3 bets me from the BB and I call.

Flop is A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif he bets, I raise, he immediately 3 bets, I 4 bet, he looks sick and makes like he might muck and then thinks better of it and calls.

Turn is K /images/graemlins/club.gif check, check.

River is 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif check, check.

I have to keep betting the turn once I get him to slow down right? I felt like when he called the 4th bet he was going to call down. How many bets would you go on the flop? I was thinking I would go at least 4 more at the time.

Thanks,
DeathDonkey

lostinthought
05-24-2005, 09:31 AM
Does the BB re-raise preflop with a PP between 7's and A's, 3 bets you on the flop thinking you are raising for a free-card without an ace, and the is perhaps convinced by your 4 bet that you might have an ace and that he is drawing to 2 outs but nevertheless should call one more SB to see turn?

If this is the case, I might bet out on the turn and see if the extra overcard to his pair would encourage him to let go. Don't get me wrong, you have a ton of outs, but there is nothing wrong with taking this one down at the turn. If I bet on the turn on this one, I would probably check through the river unimproved, as his turn call indicates a highly likely river call HU.

My point is, depending on his hand, I'm not sure if his flop 4-bet call commits him to calling turn and river bets from you.

Am I way off?

stinkypete
05-24-2005, 10:29 AM
he doesn't have to fold often to make the turn bet correct.