PDA

View Full Version : Tight 15-30 Trip Queens Disaster

Ulysses
12-11-2002, 02:34 PM
Very tight, tricky and pretty aggressive game. I'm waiting for a table change! Flop is usually seen 3 handed.

I hold Q /forums/images/icons/club.gif J /forums/images/icons/club.gif UTG. I don't really like it in this game, but I also haven't played a hand in an hour and am bored. I figure if I limp, maybe someone else will. The next guy thinks that as well, and we end up with a 7 handed flop, which happened twice in 5 hours.

Flop: Q /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif Q /forums/images/icons/spade.gif K /forums/images/icons/spade.gif

Checked to me. An UTG bet right now will very likely fold everyone (or get me trapped by QK or a late-limping KK), but tons of hands will bet this either a draw or a steal. I decide to check-raise here and lead the turn. This is both to put pressure on drawing hands and build a pot from weaker made hands like Kx.

The hand gets checked all the way around. What a disaster.

Turn 6 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif

Yuck. I bet. Everyone folds to BB, who calls.

River 2 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif

BB checks. I check.

He takes it down with 5 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 8 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif

I'm sure I would have taken the pot down with a flop bet here. How bad was my decision to check-raise?

astroglide
12-11-2002, 04:01 PM
pretty damn bad

a king, straight (open or gut), or flush draw will play with you. all the cards are in 'the playing zone' and there is a 2flush.