PDA

View Full Version : Big Blind defence

jackass
12-11-2002, 02:33 PM
At the risk of asking questions that have been here a billion times, I would enjoy a fresh answer. Is there a general rule for big blind defence vs. a steal raise? Using software to gather data, I defend my BB 68% of the time to a steal raise. Is this a bigger leak than I think? Verses a tight raiser, I will fold all the time, but an average or loose steal raiser I defend a lot, as you can see.

Thank you all for helping with my big blind play.

jackass

PokerPL
12-12-2002, 09:30 AM
Defending blinds can cost you a lot of money.
I defend maybe 25%, if i have a hand i call or reraise if it is heads up.
I deal poker and see a lot of decent players waste a lot of money defending blinds.
Defending with with bad hands can get you trapped and cost you alot just fold and wait for a decent hand.

JTG51
12-12-2002, 03:01 PM
68% sounds pretty high to me. I think you are probably costing yourself money. You have to remember, even if you think he's stealing, he's still got position and the advantage of being the aggressor.

There's no shame in folding rags like J4o when you think the other guy is stealing. You are still going to miss the flop most of the time and either have to try to bluff (which will be exensive on the times he has a real hand) or fold on the flop.